1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 GMC Trailer camera hookup

Discussion in 'General' started by Dan Dubeau, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Long story short, Dad bought a new truck (2020 2500 GMC), and then a new to him travel trailer last week. Truck has hookup for 2 trailer cameras one inside, and one at the rear of the trailer. GM dealer wants a few hundred bucks for a camera, but the aftermarket is filled with backup and trailer cams them for ~$100 and under.

Are they interchangeable? Does GM use a proprietary hookup that only works with their camera?

Told him I'd figure it out for him, but I'm pawning it off on the Beeb mind hive. Actually, I've googled myself silly and still don't have an answer. The 2 jacks on the back of the truck is a female Coax type (not f type) socket but all the aftermarket ones are either RCA, or other. Any chance theres an industry standard I just don't know what to search for? Or am I screwed buying the GM unit (like I suspect)

Thanks

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Get the part numbers for the cameras and search the web. Every brand has a couple dealers that sell OEM parts at near wholesale

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs