1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 WERA GNF Updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Nov 2, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but that doesn't actually require leaving the tower. :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Usually, depends on the tower. I think Pitt Race is the only one where I have to go to another building.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that flew over your head. Which, incidentally, is what should happen with the customers outside the tower if you do it right.

418 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No surprise on that Eddie - much as I tell people to email me I keep getting questions on the social media stuff so I'm forcing myself to check them every couple few hours at events like the GNF. But there is also some surfing on facetubes or here while I wait for other things to happen. Especially here, if I can stay relatively caught up during the day at the track it means I get to bed an hour earlier usually since I don't have to spend the time at night doing it.

ekraft84 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

20 pages.

I should be a weatherman.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're right half the time? :D

418 likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Not according to my wife. :D

9. Sean you just can't stick to the discussion for example the John Cook comment. John and I are not great friends in fact I only met him once and that was at the WERA Barber round earlier this year when he was passing you #69 stickers. John was kind enough to have his wife , he was out of town, meet me at his shop to get a complete running R3 to take back to RoadA and remove the parts we needed to get back on track. John did this without wanting payment or even my address. While we are not best friends I do have a high opinion of John. I know you and he have issues but that has no roll in your and my current discussion. If your race director had relay Evelyne's decision when I first approached him and not gave me the attitude and stuck the paper in my face things could have been quite different.

I have come to the tower to see you, it was at Tally when my son and I brought an air filter to you to determine if it was legal for the R3. You treated us well, took your time to compare the filter to the stock one and ruled it was legal. I have only had a couple of in person encounters with you and have been treated with respect. Certainly I don't agree with all of your decisions but it is your race organization and my choices are to race with you or not. We raced every WERA round in the southeast this season and other than the Tally crash Nate was caught up in we had a good year. My issue is the treatment and attitudes your team displayed toward me and others at the GNF (it was not just the race director, I will email you those detail no need to air that publicly unless you chose to do so) and your trashing of me and my team on this forum. You have to admit I have not been a complainer and you have not had an issue from us all season. I am sorry this much discussion has taken place but I will not let only one side of the story be told no matter if the keyboard racers believe me or not. All can see I have not and will not engage with the uninformed keyboard warriors, they are not worth the time or effort. As of right now we will not participate in anymore WERA events, I understand this has very little impact on WERA but in the end it is the only recourse we have.

Best wishes to you and Evelyne.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And then...

No need to air that publicly, eh?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The John Cook comment was because you word for word are parroting one of his many complaints about me. That comment was the one you made about me never leaving the tower. So yes, I did stick to the discussion. A portion of the discussion that you brought up.

I have no idea what Jim was in the middle of when you approached him but I do apologize if you felt he was short with you. He didn't know the details of Evelynes decision so I do get him going with the written protest being a good way to make it official as to what the deal was for all involved. I'm sure he'd already heard bitching about it by the point you talked to him as well. As I said, I am sorry if he was short with you.

Where have I trashed you or your team? Are you sure you're not again taking comments meant about others or fathers in general and taking them as being directed at you? As for coming to WERA events, if you feel that us accepting an obviously capricious protest and then following through on making 100% sure the parts were legal is a reason to quit them by all means do so.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you follow closely, your announcement that the cams were legal did not go over too well. :D

rcarson15 likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Have fun faxing/snail mailing everything now

Wheel Bearing and SWest122 like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

get the checks in early for Pole Position! :D

Wheel Bearing, rcarson15 and SWest122 like this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Does ccs even have a class for the r3?

17. rcarson15

Ultralightweight stuff and Thunderbike and probably some other classes

noles19 likes this.
  18. rcarson15

Might give them a better chance of winning :Poke:

TurboBlew and Wheel Bearing like this.
  19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

and what bike do they give to the winner of the last race of their season?

JJJerry and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Don't forget mentioning "rain" either before or during a WERA weekend.

And especially mentioning "marriage" or "divorce" on the WERA forum :eek: