1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chris, I was trying to pop myself yesterday and came up with the Brock, Gronk, Hulk and Dart show and I'm gonna pitch it to the networks. :D Even started to write out the first episode.

Dart mad! Dart smash! :D

dtalbott likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

We’ll have to agree to disagree. His hands aren’t even touching the ball ... either one. Did he drop it? No. But it certainly wasn’t a catch. At least not in the context of completing a catch while going to the ground. Not per the current rules/precedent, anyway. But, it’s moot at this point. 85ADDB78-CFA2-4D1B-A44C-00FEC7A80DD6.jpeg

badmoon692008, Sabre699 and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. dtalbott likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That is after the transfer..... Watch the replay from the front.. No bobble... Catch...

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Back up a few frames...

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Rules say he has to maintain possession. He was going to the ground, meaning he must maintain that possession through the entire motion. For your point to be correct, your argument says he never lost it. That shot shows he clearly did not maintain through the entire motion. I’m not saying he didn’t possess it at some point. I’m saying he clearly didn’t maintain it. Backing up a few frames doesn’t prove your point. That frame clearly proves mine. But you obviously don’t agree, and that’s fine. Again ... it’s moot.

Hell, show me the difference between Ertz’ touchdown and Dez’ no-catch against GB 2 years ago in GB in the playoffs. Catch. 2-3 steps to establish a “football move”. Dive for the end zone. Fumble.

The Eagles got the W. That’s all that matters. But you can’t possibly say they didn’t get questionable calls in their favor.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's just the first time any questionable calls didn't go the Patriot's way.

Banditracer and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup:

That’s why the instant defense is entertaining to me. It’s not like the calls somehow cheapen the win. The Eagles got the calls this game. A win is still a win and the Lombardi still has their name on it. At least be honest about how it played out.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Don't care for the Patriots, love that Philly won. It was not a catch. It was bobbled all the way through the end zone. But like we were saying when it happened, it's getting old how everything is hyper-analyzed today. Is it better than it used to be before IR? Yeah, I think so.

But it was not a catch.

badmoon692008, R1Racer99 and Funkm05 like this.
  11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did Brady really want to catch it anyway, knowing there was a chance he would get lit up?

Didn't look like anybody was that close to him, but still.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Like Funk5 said to me I will accept that we will have to agree to disagree...LOL.... The ball was caught with both hands... No Bobble...In the end zone... Then transitioned on second step then that pic was taken.... I agree with the analazaytion.. Its worst than Madden with the wax pencil for gods sake!

Funkm05, rd400racer and dtalbott like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Photo, Razr, dtalbott and 1 other person like this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!!!

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

So, in the end...

Papa wins the thread.

amirite?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I guess you could say that but as hard as I'm trying to keep this promise:

I can't bring myself to that level of mindless fanaticism.

Sabre699, BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, go for it. It's rather liberating. Just turn off your brain, imagine you just shotgunned 4 tall boys, you're wearing your 2018 Eagles championship t shirt that you just cut the sleeves off of and channel your inner steakhead.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, still no masshole sightings?

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I ain't seen him, or pigman either. :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't post through tears?

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.