1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA BBS fantasy football league

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jul 3, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

But you have 2 RBs and 2 WRs..only one QB

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

And that's by design.

Why don't we make TE touchdowns worth 8 then, since they don't typically score as many TDs as most RBs and WRs?

3. Scotty87

3 passing TDs is a nice game for a QB. Make those the equivalent of 3 rushing TDs and it's a monster game

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

in our league, 3 td or 1 td and some yards isn't much of a spread by a qb

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It doesn't seem quite right that a WR can put up 44, while his QB only puts up 26 (Falcons, week 6).

BigBird likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yards after the catch are not produced by the QB. :)

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I would like it for consistency. Every other league I've ever played has used 6pts for QB TD's.

BigBird likes this.
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

QB still gets points for the yards, though.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know. That should be enough. :D

10. Scotty87

Never in my life have I heard of 6 for passing TD. No PPR standard scoring uses that

11. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

4pts is standard for QB's in PPR Leagues. Adding 2 pts per QB TD doesn't really do anything but make even more of them the top scorers in the league (15 out of the highest 25 scoring layers were QB's this year). Adding 2 pts will only slide the point scale up across the board. PPR was created to create some more parity in leagues (and hopefully make them more exciting) by giving more value to RB's and TE's, from just this league I firmly believe that it's done just that. If you really want to shake things up, drop a roster spot and the flex position.

I say leave well enough alone. This season was the equivalent of moto2 races, lots of contenders and lots of position swaps with underdogs winning two of the podium spots.

SLLaffoon likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

You probably meant Moto3, but I get the point. OK. Leave it alone and make sure I win next year.

The Waiver Wire change did change the thought process though.

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I don't care about the QB points strongly, I was just sharing my experience.

But in terms of making a league more "fun", I do agree that shrinking the bench sizes is the best way to do that. It creates more involvement in free agents and trades.

dtalbott likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I like the deep bench. It allowed for the long-term strategy I credit for my late-season surge. I planned it very early and it worked beautifully, although I had some serious doubts when I found myself at 2-5. I don't think I can be competitive with auto draft and a shallow bench.

So if that gets put to a vote, I'm voting against it. Of course, it will probably carry as much weight as my vote against rolling waivers. :D

15. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

:stupid:, some guys like the short term game (small bench) and some like the long term game (current bench size). I am the latter.

Except the rolling waivers thing. I really like rolling. In weekly reset, I spend an hour every Tuesday planning all sorts of contingencies. In rolling, it's a simple, "Is he worth it", yes or no.

And yea, what Scotty and Sprinky said about QB points. I think already made my opinion well known before the season. That said, we should check our scoring settings. Did you know we did not deduct points for interceptions this year? I assumed it was a typo, but once we started that way there was no changing it. It didn't benefit me. My QB only threw 2 ints all year.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Hmmm - that should be changed for sure

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

i think we should add a roster spot.

18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Haha, remember when we had the one season on ESPN and forgot to change it from the default 7 roster spots? That was awful. I honestly believe that is why number of roster spots comes up every year, even though we are now currently at 6.

19. Scotty87

Umm, I seem to recall there was a big push to eliminate INT negative points. Something about tipped balls, bad routes, etc, etc. Some of these fools just plain love QBs. :D

20. Scotty87

Man, what a great year.