1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015/2016 Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by sbhockey, Sep 18, 2015.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Around here, we call that a fawn...

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe a few hunted fawns too, you could fit into one of those Yamaha shirts. :D

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Listen you burnt twig, I already plan on getting my fat ass back in shape. I don't need you squawkin at me about cool shirts fitting like spanked!

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Today was the first day of muzzle loader season. Seen some does, no antlers tho.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

160 pounds is a fawn?

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You're not supposed to be standing in the scale with it!

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Today was better.

IMAG0650_1.jpg

Funkm05 and rd400racer like this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Did you put three shots in him? Geez. :) Were the tenderloins shredded?

Nice spread on that rack!

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Hell no, one shot, double lung ran 30 yards and crashed dramatically. I had to wade across the DeMoines River, re-dress, go 250 yards down and find the deer, ll and gut it. Then I had to drag it back down to the crossing, strip down again, lower it down the 12' bank, find my way down without sliding into the river and float him across as I waded back across, and finally drag him out and up the other side. That was by far, the most work i've ever had to do recover a deer.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Meat is murder! :D

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Delicious murder!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, you could have just driven to the grocery store.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

And people could just buy a motorcycle racing video game....

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

2015 dan-buck.jpg

Went out for a quick walk in the back woods behind the house on the 13th, and had this guy on the ground within 20 minutes. 40 yard, double lung shot. He ran 20 yards through the bush, and dropped right on a trail. Walked back to the house, grabbed the truck, backed right up to him, gutted and tossed him on the tailgate. It actually would have taken me longer to go to the grocery store :). He's all wrapped up and stored in the freezer now. Only thing left is to tan the hide (currently salted), and to euro mount the antlers.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My dad had 5-6 racks/skulls in his freezer, so I think I'm going to buy a Dermestid beetle kit in spring and get them all stripped. He and my ex-brother in law did a couple by boiling them, but it doesn't do as good of job.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hunted ducks twice over Turkey Day. Not too many around with the weather in the low 70s. My son got a few shots off. I kept him pointed the right way.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Shot 6 of these this week. 300 Blk out is ok. I think i'm going to like the 6.8 more.
    [​IMG]

18. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Now that's some work. A lot of others would have given up. Well done.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

What load of .300 are you using?

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Barnes 110 Black Tip. I shot one about 200 something and it ran into the deep brush so i waited for the second to walk up the spoke to about 100 and ear hold it. I didn't like having to hope it kept coming closer and would rather be able to pop them as soon as I see them. For shorter range it's great but seems like more and more of my shots are getting farther out than they used to and the 6.8 having a little more Umph will be better.