2013 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do appreciate the input (and hadn't thought about the 848 too) but you've got the HWT classes, the C, the B (where it's competitive) and the A and F1 - same as all the 600's plus the addition of the C's if you choose. That's a lot of classes of which the bike is competitive in 5 or so that you can run on a given day even with HWT and C being run at the same time. Not really sure what one more would do for you or WERA.

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I ran into that problem last year on my 675. I wanted to chase CSB points, but since it was raced with HWTSS, I chose to run all the HWT classes. I figured it was my only shot at a CSB championship, since this year I'm expert and don't have 6+ seconds laying around yet. :D

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

If you find those six seconds let me know if my two or three are there with them please. I can't seem to find mine

4. But doing mine is nowhere near as entertaining as trying to do yours. :D

5. wild child

wild child Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Any flagging procedure changes I need to be aware of before our season begins at Summit?

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed it.:D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, same old stuff unless you guys have suggestions.

8. wild child

How about losing the pickle;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why? Don't you like being able to tell the riders what they should be looking for?

10. wild child

Of course I do, that's my job as a cw. You're the one who asked for suggestions. See you in April.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, I was thinking more along the lines of changes you'd actually want made that would make it better for either the racers or the corner workers. If nuking the pickle flag would do that then I'm all for it but I don't think that's the case unless I'm missing something.

12. wild child

It would not effect the safety of the riders or the cornerworkers either way and that is my main objective. I just know we had some discrepancies last year with Jim wanting it to be used for rain and I think it is confusing to the racers. To my knowledge, WERA is the only org that uses it. These are my observations only and not those of MARRC as a whole. If you would like to further dialog, contact me at [email protected], or PM me here.
    Thanks, again, see you in April.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I dont' mind talking it out here where we can get input from the riders and other workers. Jim is correct, it is for any slippery condition so folding it pointed at the sky is good for rain even if a lot of us are used to doing that with the debris flag. I think that's a situation where the point will get across whichever flag is used.

Most I've talked to do like having one flag for oil/fluids/slippery conditions and another for hard parts on track. But that could just be those I've talked to, not sure if it's everyone. I know we're the only or one of the only ones using it but this wouldn't be the only time that's the case over the years for WERA :D

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Fwiw I like it. Completely different mindset entering a corner depending on which is showing

15. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it....(1125 rider)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it helps I own an 1125R :D

17. There is a flag with a pickle on it? Like, a real pickle? Or yall just saying "pickle" to describe the colors or something?

If we have a flag with a pickle on it, that is fucking awesome. <crackup>

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Great, something else to distract your ocd/add

ass!!!

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Ask about the purple flag and see if anyone remembers it

20. joec

joec brace yourself

deer rabbit snake turtle skunk ground hog cat flag for summit please. if anything! haha.