2012 Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jun 22, 2012.

1. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

Perfect weather forecast for this weekend!
    85, sunny, with no chance for rain.

2. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Who be the tire guy(s) at this event?

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

s'up matt?

you bringing the panigale?????

i'll be there on my old F3

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

KMC are you going to ride the 750 or the triumph as well as the F3?

5. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Quentin or one of his guys will be there with Bstones. I don't know about the others.

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I love VMD

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

s'up player? the triumph's engine puked after it's 4th race. currently being rebuilt. total drag.

i'm going to run the F3 and have my fingers crossed that the Cycle X guys will show up with the 750. it's getting a major overhaul with new YSS piggyback shocks and a F3 front end that thermosman just built. oh yeah, and they're completely rebuilding the motor as there was some damage to the left case after the grattan get off. some CB750 guru gave us an ex-yosh trans for it too.

we're going to miss you at mid-o. all the toothless vintage rats with leather tans and USA bikinis are going to miss you too....

8. Outsider V6 V7

Well I'm anxiously awaiting next year as I continue my china adventure this year. I finally made it to South China this morning around 2:30 this morning and switched on the TV. I thought I was lucky until I realised it was just a WSB commercial. Everyone have fun and be careful. Any video's, race reports or american flag bikini's are appreciated.

9. Outsider V6 V7

Kevin, please don't send me any more pictures of you in the American flag bikini. I think we may have miscommunicated on our earlier emails. LOL

E freaking boz

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Ebo! You should fly back for the weekend. You might want to leave now.

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm making my 2012 debut at VMD. Hopefully I can remember how to ride.

12. Outsider V6 V7

BJ, don't think that I didn't think about it. lol Have fun, good luck and kick some ass.

13. kanatuna

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That Callaway guy is effing fast. Congrats bud on the perfect weekend. 4 straight wins. :up:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what photographers were there?

16. KNickers

Check the AMA vintage days site in a few days. They posted a ton of pics last year.

17. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

how are you kurt? john trautman's crew and my crew were waiting to see if you wanted us to drive your truck to the hospital. hope you're alright.

i passed you on the last lap of the race. looked like you went in pretty hot and ran wide. how did you crash?

18. KNickers

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. Yeah, on the last lap coming over the rise after the Honda bridge my right foot slipped off the peg and I couldn't get back into position for 10. I couldn't lean the bike into 10 enough to make the turn so I ran off. There's not much run off between 10 and 11, the hay bales were coming up quick so I just grabbed a handful of front brake to dump the bike and me into the gravel. I was seeing stars for a few and it took a while to get to my feet so they took me back in the flashy bus which meant I got to see the doc. She took one look at the bruises on my forehead and said I had to go downtown for a scan. Reading a few threads here about folks with head injuries that take a while to appear I figured it's not a bad idea.

Big thanks to you, the Trautmans, and Quentin for packing up all my stuff. And big thanks to Mark and Dawn from Raceline Ministry for hanging with me at the hospital and giving me a ride back to the track. All good peeps.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I hated seeing you face down in the gravel. I asked the officials about you, but they didn't know anything. Glad to hear you're okay now. :up:

20. kanatuna

I posted up in the other thread....

Two 1sts a 3rd and a crash for me. Great seeing everyone out there.