2012 Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, going to try and consolidate all the info for this year into one thread.

First off - the AMA site is at http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/amavintagemotorcycledays/vintageracing Rules and pre entry info are in links on the right hand side. I'll have a cheat sheet up for the WERA classes as soon as I find my old one...

Other questions that have been answered but need to probably be repeated -

Tire rules will match ours so slicks are legal in all classes.

There is a camping/power fee for the paddock but it is not the same as the spectator stuff so you're better off handling it at the track. Same for passes, they'll be available at registration.

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

thanks sean. looking for that cheat sheet.

cheers.

3. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Me too.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the same as last years - if I knew where the heck that one was :D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really was going to hit search next :D

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

chyeeeeeaaaaa!

8. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

For an SV650, who is a novice, its looks like I can run in Stars LW nv and Stars MW nv. Are there any other classes I can enter into (that an SV would be competitive in)? Is there a Formula GP HW nv race along with the expert race since Formula GP HW is equal to Formula 2?

Also we have to pay to practice as well?

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You have to pay for Friday practice. Morning practice on Sat/Sun is free if you registered to race on those days.

STARS LW/MW are the two classes most run on SV's... I think Tuna ran MEGA twins and triples last year for a 3rd. IIRC STARS HW was ran at the same time as LW, so no point in doing both of them.

10. kanatuna

Yep. I was a novice on a 650R in Mega Twins and Triples. Good times. I heard of another racer running his SV in one of the GP classes but I cant really recall.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they said - Stars LW (LWTSS) and then MW(LWTSB) and then up to Mega Twins (HWT).

12. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Thanks guys.

Also will we be able to pre-register for these races like we do normally?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Download the pdf from the AMA site and mail it in with a cheque. They also have a place to enter online there as well....but they charge a $12.00 "processing fee":wow:

14. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

While searching AMA stuff I saw that, I was just hopen we could pre-register through WERA since its a breeze.

Thanks again everybody.

15. kanatuna

Nope....gotta jump through the AMA hoops on that one. Not nearly as easy.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, can't do it through our system.

So XTRM is charging $12 an entry? No wonder they're doing it for the AMA for "free"...

17. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I'm lookin at the copy of the entry form I mailed to the AMA . XTRM sent me a e-mail confirmation and has me racing the thruxton in clubman 350 & 500. Like I said I'm looking at my copy and know I didn't screw this up. The entry form doesn't have a place for transponder # either. If they would just let WERA do it .........

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still no TX spot? Oy vey...

Luckily class changes are easy enough.

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Makes Ticketmaster look like a bargain.

20. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

This should be my last question.

I read through everything that related to roadracing on the page Mongo posted and found nothing related to transponders.

I do not have my own transponder, I have rented from WERA everytime.

I'm assuming I will be able to rent a transponder at registration?

Any help would be appreciated.