1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Rules

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by RndHoleSqPeg, Dec 17, 2011.

1. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

When will the new rulebook be posted?

Now that the first race is only a month away it seems like this should be available.

I am just curious on if HWTSS is going away or not. I really don't want to blow all the money on transponders, race school, license, etc if I its only going to be for one sprint race a weekend.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HWT SS is NOT going away. I would have told you by now if something that major was happening. No major class structure changes for 2012. Normal minor mods to fix things we found as 2011 went on and then slicks legal in all classes except 600 and C Superstock.

Even if HWT went away there isn't a large twin out there that couldn't still run at least 3 other classes. All of the big twins are legal in every class that a 1000cc four is legal in. HWT's just have their own special class on top of that.

3. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

How about the use of small, lightweight batteries? Superstock legal, or only superbike and Formula class?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Superbike/Formula only. Just because a bunch of people have found yet another way to talk people into wasting money when their stock stuff works fine doesn't mean there is any reason to switch to them.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

But everybody knows you can corner lower with 2lb battery than you can with a 10lb one :Poke::crackup:

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what happens if you replace your 10lb battery with a 2lb one... and 10oz balls with 14lb ones?:D

7. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

HWT SS is NOT going away. I would have told you by now if something that major was happening. No major class structure changes for 2012. Normal minor mods to fix things we found as 2011 went on and then slicks legal in all classes except 600 and C Superstock.

Awesome to hear, thanks for the update.

8. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

Can we please make it legal for a "Honda" to have a slipper clutch in superstock? Please!? Lol

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

just one more reason i went ahead with the switch to r6

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Call Honda! ;)

11. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

Lmao! I wish that would help!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would be perfectly legal, if Honda put one in the bike.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

put honda bodywork on an r6. :D