1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 - More Crap Choices

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hypnotiq, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

Since its been discussed in a couple other threads (Who can fix it, gas threads), good candidates just don't run for office.

Looks like we'll be get another election with shitty choices.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/12/cnn-poll-trump-tied-for-first-in-gop-horserace/

Also, the average voter is a retard.

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think Mitt Romney would've been a strong contender down the stretch in 2008 with the economy tanking. I think the economy will put him out front to start the 2012 campaign season too. The rest of the declared GOP candidates have no chance IMHO.

Is Ron Paul running again? He's mentioned in the article and that's the first I've heard of him running in 2012. It's a shame he didn't/doesn't run as a Libertarian.

3. vance

vance *

Polls this morning showed Pawlenty in the lead, can't remember who did the polling...
    If Romney doesn't get the nod, I'll officially throw my tin foil hat in the trash can. He's been a good boy, and it's his turn.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly can't remember the last time I actually liked anyone running for President.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fuck it, I'm robbing a bank, moving to Costa Rica, and building my own track.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes.

7. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

I'm curious how John McCain got the nomination in '08. Did the Republicans pick him because they thought he was the best candidate or because they thought he had the best shot at winning?

8. Joe Morris

It's always about winning.

9. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

I like Romney except for the fact he supports Obamacare. :down:

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

That is one boring list of potential candidates.

Oh wait, Trump! I know that guy! He's on the TV!

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

If Donald Trump gets elected President, I'll begin my plans to leave... The US of A will have jumped the proverbial shark...

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How could that possibly happen? His personal life has to be a guarantee he will not get support from the religious right, right?

13. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

There's things I like about Trump's stated positions and things I don't. Likes: Taking counter measures against trade imbalances, repeal Obamacare, reign in deficit spending, bring our soldiers home, end foreign aid. Dislikes: favors universal health care (or socialized medicine - can't tell), national ban on assault weapons, favors a (one time) wealth tax (no tax is "one time" or temporary, or doesn't trickle down).

14. Joe Morris

You'd think a thorough vetting of Trump's history in business and his personal life would not only kill his candidacy but his celebrity also. I don't expect this PR stunt to go much further.

15. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

All stuff no one has a chance of passing. He's just telling people what they want to hear just like the rest of them.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That's funny.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The only thing we would get with Trump is a proven track record of media whoring and screwing people over. He is pretty much my last choice....

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sheep's 90/90 rule: 90% percent fo the world is made up of complete idiots; of the remaining 10%, 90% choose to act like complete idiots.
    Exactly, I might even vote for Obama before him.... well I think I would obstain :eek:

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I would vote for Obama before I would vote for Trump.

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Romney, Palin, Trump, & Huckabee.

That shit can turn epic.