2011 Triumph Daytone 675R

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Oct 24, 2010.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Click picture for link to the story.

[​IMG]

2. usafstud

usafstud Well-Known Member

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Indeed

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

VERY badass looking bike!!!!

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Curious what the suspension and monoblocs will add over the cost of a 'base' model. Cool for sure, but they should've stuck with the traditional tank logo - much more character then that modern font, imo.

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

If they made the motors more reliable, I would probably buy one. There was nothing wrong with the 08 675 brakes : )

7. victorSCP

victorSCP Active Member

that is fresh!!!

8. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

very nice, they kept enough of the original good looking lines and updated it just enough

9. gy999r

gy999r Well-Known Member

Glad I already have one. :up:

10. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

sexy!!!

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I likey.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Tim -

What's the lowdown on the motor?

13. six6two

six6two AWD

Ive never had even a hickup with mine...

14. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Just curious if any of you guys with motor problems had switched to the new style "baffle" type oil pan gasket. I'm pretty sure it was already in place on the '08 bikes but I could be wrong.

15. mrjonesiu

mrjonesiu Well-Known Member

I want that bike!

16. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

If they were you would be riding a 200hp gsxr right now. I really wanted that bike. :Puke:

17. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

18. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Yep. I would of loved to ride that monster : )

19. :stupid:

I love my 675 and wouldn't trade it for anything on the market right now (except maybe the $60k+ Works Aprilia :D).

+1 on the brakes. I used a 100% OEM braking system at Jennings and the GNF and couldn't have asked for anything better.

As a matter of fact, if anybody has an OEM pads for an '09 675 they were going to throw away, hit me up. :)

20. While you have to admire Triumph for making an effort and throwing another model into the market, it really doesn't appeal to any certain rider.

Im sure the suspension will need to be revalved (ala 1098S Ohlins suspension), the braking system on the standard 675 is incredible, the "R" still doesn't have a slipper clutch and the motor in the "R" is unchanged.

So basically having the high end-named parts will increase the price; but it is overkill for the street rider and will likely still need work to be race ready. So it doesn't really target anybody.

IMO, it should be called a 675S. If they want to give it an "R" designation, then make it a turnkey race bike with lighter wheels, a slipper clutch and an additional 15HP over a base model.