1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 GSXR 600 Track Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by OutOfSpec, Mar 2, 2022.

1. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

Looks like I'll be moving cross country by the beginning of April, and I'd prefer to bring a few less things with me along the way.

Bike is a 2008 Suzuki GSXR 600.
    Clean CA title, currently registered non-op.
    ~40k miles on instrument cluster, ~13k miles on current engine (swapped by previous owner)

Parts:

Ohlins Rear
    GP Front
    GB Racing Covers
    Vortex Rearsets
    Dynojet QS
    Brembo RCS Master
    Versah pads
    Galfer Brake Lines
    Driven Clip Ons
    Motion Pro Rev2 throttle with orange 'street/race' cam reel
    Yoshimura Full Exhaust
    ASV lever
    Power Commander

The current bodywork is thrashed - what started as a tame low-side at the end of last season caught the dirt/mud as the bike skittered off track, which flipped the bike over onto itself. Aside from the visual state of the bike, it runs fine, it should even pass tech with your local trackday provider if you don't mind it lookin like a hot mess as-is.

New parts to be installed:
    unpainted Hotbodies fairings and front fender.
    unpainted Hotbodies SBK tail (en-route, was previously stuck in supply chain hell)
    Vortex race fairing bracket
    Vortex 2.0 frame sliders
    Piug race windscreen
    Dzus fastener kit
    Windscreen fastener kit
    Mirror blockoff plates
    Motion Pro enhanced stop/start switch

Spares/extras:
    Full new set of Vortex Rearsets
    2x Driven clip on bars.
    Set of Trackside front and rear paddock stands.

Odds/ends:
    -Front brake caliper bolts/guide-pins are pretty new stainless drilled bolts from Kurvey Girl, installed last season.
    - The shaft-seal between the water-pump and the rest of the engine was starting to go and was very slowly leaking oil. (Common problem for this gen GSXR). Last season I pulled the whole water pump apart and put in new seals, no issues since.

Bike is located in Sacramento area until end of March.

$5000

I'll update the post with pics when I can.

2. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

Bump, price drop to $4500

here are some sad pics of the bike currently:

https://imgur.com/a/55njEfc

As I said above, it’s cosmetically beat up, but everything is either functional or has a replacement as part of the sale.

Also, the very tall and kludgey brake reservoir bracket was a stop-gap. I forgot to include in the parts list, but I also have a brand new Driven brake reservoir bracket to install.

I’m under no impression that this is some spectacular example of a GSXR or will be some race-winning machine. It’s been my first track-only bike, and it served that purpose well - if you’re in the market for something similar I hope it can do the same for you.

Bike will be in Sacramento until around March 30.