1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 r6 wont start

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dsm guru, Jan 9, 2011.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

take it to a professional. If your going racing, you will have plenty of opportunity to work on it yourself in no-time.

2. Dsm guru

Dsm guru Active Member

yeah i hate to do that though im prolly gonna have to but ive worked on hundred of bikes before ive been around bikes for years this just doesnt make sense

3. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

How long are you cranking it for? Go through the entire onboard diagnostic procedure and see if all the injectors fire, etc.

I had the EXACT same problem, wrecked bike, Code 22, no start. Did the onboard diagnostics, found nothing. I eventually got frustrated and just cranked it with the throttle WOT for 30 secs to a minute and it started. Now it starts fine all the time.

4. Dsm guru

Dsm guru Active Member

i will try that out first thing in the morning lol usually crank on it for like 5 to 10 seconds i pretty much went through everything i can think of

another question though if the tipover sensor was damaged in any way it would cut out the fuel pump correct? i know thats the case on the hondas..its just weird i pulled out the tipover and it sounded like a ball rolling around in there freely idk not used to my yamahas yet