1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006-2007 Yamaha R6 Class Action

Discussion in 'General' started by Shady, Jan 3, 2008.

1. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Not quite true, motorcycle manufacturers do crash testing to check for fuel leakage. I worked at a proving ground where it was done. Its called fuel system integrity testing.

Buell did a great deal of this testing prior to coming out with the XB9R (fuel in the frame)

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Then why are tank sliders only required on R6's?

It was someone else's bike, which I had all of my parts on due to my motor blowing up during practice the previous day and for which I had to compensate him with my R6.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: :D

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Thank you.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Racing voids the warranty. You f&*ked up. Man up and pay for the bike.

When racers start with ridiculous lawsuits, the sport will die. Ever wonder why lawyers are so highly thought of? (with sincere apologies to Mr. Doyle) :down:

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I am sure if a manufacturer designed a bike to carry it's fuel in the tires it would be extensively tested also.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

No, but, it was on a treadmill.

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Actually, Yamaha markets these bikes to be used on a race track so there is an implied warranty of suitability for the bikes' intended purpose.

And if you don't think the bike you build for racing and track riding isn't going to be crashed you are too stupid to breath.

Those tanks are defective. No other bike has caught fire as much as the R6 by a factor of 10.*

*Edit: This might be a slight exaggeration. . . :D

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Cite please, counselor.

Edit; Since counselor withdrew his potentially erroneous and particularly prejudicial misstatement of fact…

12. Shyster d'Oil

You probably shouldn't apologize. I thought of a class action before but decided against it b/c of the immense time and expense involved and the likelihood that a jury would not appreciate the finer points of sportbikes and the freaks that ride them. :D

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What percentage of R6's end up on the track?

14. Shyster d'Oil

See my edit. :p

And dinner calls so I don't have the time to find the RRW article that my wife probably threw away anyhow.

15. Shyster d'Oil

A much higher percentage than Runes of Goldwings.

16. dtalbott

"Your Honor, please make him answer the question."

17. A small percentage, but they do market them as race/track bikes, otherwise there wouldnt be a Yamaha factory team.

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Cool. I want a race car so I am going to buy a camry. They must be a race car since there is a Toyota nascar team.

19. dtalbott

Circumstantial, like comparing NASCAR and cars you can buy at a dealership.

20. dtalbott

Oh shit, Strick and I are thinking alike. :wow: