1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Rules?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Not to get anyone pissed but what is the rule this year on bellypans. Can you still ride without one and be fined? Or come back when you have a belly pan? I had a buddy ask that question and was wondering the same. [​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Put a belly pan on. This year we will be much less nice than last year - first offense will be a fine, after that it will get unpleasant...

3. Tracee Polcin

Ok so what you're saying first offense there will be a fine and you will be allowed to race. And the second time you'll not be allowed to race. Right?

4. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Are we bringing up the old bellypan debate?

[​IMG]

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - I'm saying "Put a belly pan on. This year we will be much less nice than last year - first offense will be a fine, after that it will get unpleasant..."

I don't know what the second offense will get yet and with any luck we won't have to decide. Can it keep someone from racing - yes depending on the circumstance surrounding their non-compliance. Can it be another fine - yes depending on the circumstance of their non-compliance. This is one of those deals where using some common sense and working with riders will be necessary.

6. Lee Acree

Lee Acree Well-Known Member

What is the big deal? Just run the bellypan.
    Laurie

7. Tracee Polcin

You wouldn't believe the number of people who think they are a waste of time. BTW have been compliant since 02-2000.

8. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Yeh, my first time on a track was this year. We had someone go down on TGPR with anit-freeze. I found it on the back stretch and almost went down, I didn't really know what it was when I hit it, and I was thinking me and the TLR were all that, begging for traction....ha-ha. When we came in, Opie went out on a GSXR, and he looked like he was doing the "two step boogie" they had to shut the track for while and everyone changed lines for the rest of the day. All in all, very bad; and the culprit split from the track immediately. Taught me a lesson, and everyone else as well.

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I don't mind the bellypan, IF I could get it to not drag on the ground and rip a hole in it in about 3 laps. That's why I had a roaster pan zip-tied to the frame downtubes at the GNF; my $250 Sharkskinz lower had disemboweled itself in short order the last time I tried using it. I've mounted it to the bike twice and both times it's gotten holed in no time.

And no, dinking with the suspension AT ALL to accomodate the bellypan is NOT acceptable.
    That means no adding ride height in the rear, etc.

Maybe I'll just paint it black so the hole doesn't show.... [​IMG]

10. Tracee Polcin

Yes I have noticed that the Skinz pan for the FZR400 is a little too big. I use the stock lowers modified to contain fluids. The trailing edge of the right side kept dragging. Finally I drilled a hole in that area and zip-tie it to the frame. It pulls it in closer and doesn't drag anymore. I don't know if that will work with the Skinz pan or not.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pop the whole thing up a mm or two front and rear and it will feel the same and you'll have more ground clearance and go faster - if you are dragging a belly pan then you have to be dragging other stuff too - which slows you down...

12. WERA 591

WERA 591 Well-Known Member

At the GNF on the first lap of the Clubman race I blew up my precious big bore EX motor. Broke a rod which proceeded to go round and round tearing three big holes in cylinders and crankcases. Needless to say my bellypan immediately CAUGHT about 4qts. of oil and water. Where I am going with this is, the bellypan probably saved my a$$ since I was going down the back straight at over 100mph and didn't fall down in my own goo. But, almost as important to me is the fact that it didn't take the next two hours to clean the mess off the racing surface thus allowing the racing action to go on. Put a belly pan on your race bike. It may be your a$$ it saves. Dean

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!

I can be judge AND jury!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!

14. Dutch2

Dutch2 Well-Known Member

Absolute power corrupts absolutely [​IMG]

15. THEPLASTICDR

THEPLASTICDR Well-Known Member

don't know how much the fine is but for less than $100.00 i will build you a custom pan to fit the bike. www.theplasticdr.net

16. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

belly pans are a MUST!!!! or BUST!!!!

or is it(being defensible): depends on how you define "BELLY-PAN"... [​IMG]

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

hey, i picked up that poor little ex. it looked so sad. i hope its ok, and not going to puke anymore

18. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

where ya ridin' tommorro stick? it might could be snowin up chere in simpsonville [​IMG]

19. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

when will my 1992 cbr f2 be elligible for vintage? [​IMG]

20. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

when will the schedule for 2/10-11
    talladega be ready?