1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st race weekend of the year for me and have crash damage before I even get to the paddock.

Discussion in 'General' started by Woofentino Pugr, May 19, 2018.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Crashed the trailer, not bad but enough to piss me off and ruin the weekend. Got to Blackhawk and the guard shack attendant asked me to park 'over there' then come in to get my wristband. Well kinda keeping an eye on the 2 dogs some girls had there and turned to sharp and clipped the Armco behind the gate with the pass side trailer wheel. Destroyed the fender, tire popped off bead, rim is bent beyond repair and to make it worse, the axle tube bent. I am so pissed at myself. 1st time I EVER clipped anything with a trailer in 30yrs of towing them.

Guessing around a $500 fix. New axle and hubs ($230), new fender (70), 2 new tires (dragged it home with a new tire/rim on but the pass tire was toed out bad and its toast now. Driver side also took some skidding damage so may as well get 2 new ones) maybe $200.

Maybe spend the extra 140 on the axle to get one with electric brakes and upgrade it. Thinking of getting LT225/75R15's instead of ST205/75R15 just to get an inch more of ground clearance to get it over the curb at home.

Went out and popped off 300 rnds at the range to blow off steam. Will be missing Brainerd for sure (nieces graduation party), Road America probably. Next BHF is mid july.

Attached Files:

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dork.

Just kidding. Go rent a $40 trailer from u-haul and go race. Fix your junk later.

3. Woofentino Pugr

I would borrow my brother's 5X10 open trailer, but considering the forecast of rain all day tomorrow, I'd rather have an enclosed one. Then again I'm not really in the mood to go play in the rain right now.

I just still cant believe I did something so freaking stupid involving a trailer.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

When shit like that happens, i start to think it's a sign of sorts. Turn around and go home.

Gixxerguy855, Pixelator and Metalhead like this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

"Well kinda keeping an eye on the 2 dogs some girls had there..."

We know where your eyes were.

LossPrev and K51000 like this.
  6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

No shit, post them pics up we know ya gottem'. :D

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Understandable .

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And post the pics of chicks. :Poke:

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tang strikes again.

10. Woofentino Pugr

Seen them around the paddock today (went to get my bikes new tires I ordered). Didn't have my camera.

Just for you metalhead,

[​IMG]

Metalhead likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Why are their arms so short?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Them's fightin' words...

[​IMG]

13. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Precisely. I got rear-ended in Aug 2016 in Toledo trying to make a round at Grattan. Never been there, so I wanted to see the place.

I was only pulling 5x8 open trailer but it did a real number on my receiver, gate, and tongue. I could have made it to Grattan, I think, but my hometown was a 40 minute backtrack and something told me I best not try to push another 3 hours north and make a 6 hour return drive with things all wonky like that.

Sure enough, I try to make up for it by riding a track day at NCM the following weekend and I crash on Lap 4 of the morning.

Sometimes life just kicks you in the balls.

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Wait, so you made it all the way to the track, jacked up your trailer at the track entrance, and then went home?!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember driving to the track when i was racing in 91, and the motor blew up on my tow car, a 82 Nissan Maxima. The rod came straight through the block, flying down the 5 freeway.

I find a pay phone and called a friend, who brought me his roomates 4 wheel drive lifted chevy truck. We loaded my bike and tools in back, which was hard, since my ramp was for a little trailer and the truck didn't have a hitch.

He used his AAA membership to tow my car and trailer for me, and I didn't have to wait and deal with that.

I continued my drive to Willow Springs. About 5 miles from the track I start hearing a noise that gradually gets worse and continue to the track.

Turns out the tires were rotated the day before and they didn't tighten one or two of the wheels enough and it started coming loose, ruining the studs, wallowing out at least one wheel.

I unload and practice and get someone to go with me to take the truck over to a shop. I give him my credit card to repair it, and picked it up for the drive home.

This was either my first or second race weekend ever, no track days back then, and I won the novice race on a 89 FZR600. Woo Hooo

If I didn't race every time I had a problem, I would have missed many great races.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I hear ya. On my first track experience ever I somehow picked up a nail in my rear tire. Tire was brand new and me being new had no spares or anything of the sort, didn't know anyone there, no tire sales that day. Ended up driving to a dealer in town and they had ONE tire, was the wrong size but I took it and some big black dude walks in behind me looking for the same tire I just bought. The clerk points at me and said "THAT GUY bought the last one". I had to clean my shorts after I got to the track because that dude could have bench pressed my whole family. He was cool though.

17. In Your Corner

Note to self: Never stand near Mr Linders in a lightning storm.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. Woofentino Pugr

Well got the new axle on last week. New fenders came in yesterday, put them on today. Just waiting for the wheels and hubs tomorrow.

Axle $235 with shipping
    Fenders $130 with shipping
    Tires and hubs $300 with shipping.

Yeah. There went my plans to get another Henry rifle this month.

But at least the fenders look nice. :D
    dpfenderpass.jpg

19. Woofentino Pugr

And its done.

20. In Your Corner

Did you throw a little Roundup on those patio blocks?