1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Dyno-Jet

Discussion in 'General' started by bdomenz, Feb 25, 2001.

1. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

i feel like i'm "getting lucky" for the first time [​IMG] ....

i put a new yoshimura exhaust on my fzr400 along with a jet kit. now i've got a dyno-jet appointment (its free) in two weeks.

i'm assuming its going to show if the exhaust/jetting is smooth and working, but is there anything else i should look for?

should i bring tools to try and tune in between tests?

should i wear protection?

will i feel a strong urge to light up a smoke after?

2. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

Be prepared for a day @ the Dyno. Bring a lot of spare jets. If you are simply installing a stage 1 jet kit, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Remember, the jets supplied in the kit are only a base setting. When tested and tuned properly, I didn't use main jets anywhere near the provided sizes. If they have an o2 sensor,then your time may be significantly less. If you didn't get a K&N yet, you may want to. The more air you can get the better.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

should i bring tools to try and tune in between tests?

should i wear protection?

will i feel a strong urge to light up a smoke after?

It makes a big difference how you you made the appointment with.I know most of the shops in Chicago,which one did you go to.
    Also that free dyno is for one pull, you will most likley need to buy time. Most shops charge by the hour.So learn how get your carbs off and jet before you go!

4. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

i dont have the appointment set up yet. it will be with valley racing. have you worked with them before? i was referred to them by jason temme and serpent racing.

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

You should do a run where you pretend like you are racing go full throttle back off let RPMs drop 2-3000 then nail the throttle again the curve should go down to nothing then when you snap it back open it should return smoothly to the oringinal line. This is a test to check the slide springs in a CV carb to be sure they are the right rate. If it is anything but smooth return you have too heavy or too soft of slide springs. Many of the jet kits do not come with right springs in fact stock springs are sometimes better. Without running this bike could be "dead on" on dyno but run like crap on the track.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I only meet Jason last season, he seams to know what he is talking about. Do not know about valley, I do know 4&6 in Skokie.They are expensive, but they know thier stuff when it comes to dyno work.