1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'07 gsxr600 code

Discussion in 'Tech' started by owndjoo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

well swapped in the motor from my crashed 600 and got everything hooked up. turn the key and the fuel pump didn't prime and it throws a c029 code. this code is the secondary throttle position sensor. anyone know what to do with it? would that keep the pump from priming or do i have 2 problems now?

2. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

that would not keep the pump from cycling,
    first check all your connections, prolly missed plugging in a plug or you plugged the fuel pump up to the wrong connector, there are some that are the same, you probably plugged the fuel pump into the secondary throttle sensor and vise versa

3. mptracing

mptracing Well-Known Member

thats the first thing i would check:up:

4. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

ah! so that would prolly be the reason why when i should be hearing the fuel pump prime, i hear a weird ass noise comin from the throttle bodies?? didn't realize they had the same connection... this one goes on Healea, since he basically did the whole engine swap.

5. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

sounds like I would be double checking alot of other stuff if he didn't know that one, and swapped that motor

6. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i was there helping with the swap. if the connectors are the same then it could've been very easy to mess it up. i just now tried to start the bike as I've gone through and put the electronics in. it could've been me for all i know that actually plugged it in.

7. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

+1 I had the same thing happen to me, I swapped them around and got it fixed and then marked them for down the road if it happens again. Good luck