1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 3 | USA | COTA | April 12-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Shit I had him confused with Dovi who just landed in the hospital.

Oops!

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Well, at least your mom didn't confuse me for your dad last night.

[​IMG]

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

That would make sense since Liberty will own WSBK as well. Interesting to see how they manage WSBK and Moto 2 and 3 vs GP

ajcjr likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Dovi was airlifted. He’s lucky he’s ok.

BigBird likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

All his rides aside that pic of him with the make shift splint takes him up my bad ass list leaps and bounds… I’ve been there and set many a bones to alleviate the pain…. He obviously hasn’t learned that yet hope he doesn’t have to… I got hit by a car at 13 and shattered my legs and when the air splint pumped up and it put the tibia back in place it was ten times better… so I knew to set them as fast as you can even before the hospital and xrays

cav115 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No one wants to meet any of you assholes.

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

fair enough.

i wouldn't want to meet myself either :D

Once a Wanker.. and Banditracer like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

what author said he’d never belong to a club that admitted him as a member?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Groucho Marx thanks you for elevating his art form to that of literature. :Poke:

YamahaRick, stk0308, 27 and 3 others like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you assholes. :crackup:

27 and Banditracer like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought these sorts of rider presentations look a little silly. They seem to want to present the riders in as maximally physically imposing, threatening facial expressions as possible, like you’re supposed to feel a big tinge of physical intimidation from their deep scowls, but hey, these guys are 5’6” and 135 -145 lbs and aren’t really convincing as Terminator types giving you the stink eye. And that image doesn’t really communicate what they are the best in the world at, anyway— it’s not looking like an intimidating bar fighter, it’s having freakishly high levels of physical and mental talent, competitive natures and courage while riding a bike. I’m not sure how best to communicate that, maybe in action shots of each rider doing an extraordinary thing on track, but it sure isn’t in having a guy the size of your little brother puffing up and trying to look like Ahnold. On the other hand, the onbike camera spot and action shots here do a great job of communicating what these guys really do.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Fantastic Michellin bringing new compounds to cota. I bet they fuck it up for some teams.

Phl218, Circacee and 5axis like this.
  17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Wow. You definitely read into that quite a bit. They're just panning to the riders standing in different poses. Some are smiling; some have a serious expression. There's country music in the background. It helps put faces to the names. I didn't get a 'Terminator' or 'intimidating bar fighter' vibe from any of that.

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I think Linker is saying "if they were 6'2" tall then I'd think theyre sexy"...?

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Petrucci just crashed his dirt bike and has a fractured jaw and collarbone, going to miss the next race at the very least. Mind boggling.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

so much paint huffing going on here its goddamn embarrassing