1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR

Discussion in 'General' started by kangasj, Dec 2, 2021.

1. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Same here, great racing.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I was surprised we had no Daytona 500 thread- that race was flat out hilarious. The entire field crashes with 7 laps to go. Then there's a 40 min break while we are shown highlights and other distractions while half of the cars are secretly rebuilt so we can have another huge crash and finish under caution when the guy who should have won got ass packed and spun across the grass.

It must be very frustrating to be a stock car driver at Daytona.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

A 20 lap shootout for the win, with most all of the cars in a pack makes for great news highlights. Huge junkyard pile-up was inevitable, with it being a restrictor plate race. Most don't watch for an actual 500 mile race, with actual racing strategy involved.

Dear God, I hope they don't do this to the 200 again this year. :(

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Been happening fairly often since restrictor plates were added in '88.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Four wide and flat out plus a photo finish. The rules are still onerous and mind numbing but I'm getting interested in NASCAR again for the first time in a very long while.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Who's your boy?

Bowman?

Larson?

Or, possibly, girl... She's not in the top tier series, but Hailie Deegan reminds me that I'm way too old to be thinking those thoughts about ladies her age. :Putter:

7. auminer

WTF with the tires Goodyear brought to the track today?

This is a clusterf@ck.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The sad part was the lack of people there.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Flipping through channels, find this NASCAR race going on at COTA.
    They clearly don't have any track limit rules, these guys are driving everywhere.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. auminer

I think it's "2 wheels on the paved area at all times".

brex likes this.
  11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Does NASCRAP still do that stupid yellow flag crap to bunch the field up. Just so they can have more crashes... :crackup:

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

That was the greatest race to watch in the last 5yr. When drivers have to conserve tires you get more action. Going full out for a complete fuel run means everyone is at the same pace.

13. auminer

I posted that about 1/3 of the way into watching the race on DVR. I began to catch on to the nuance and strategery as the race went on.

I really thought that Josh Berry would pit under green with 25ish to go and blast past everyone for the win. Still can't figure out why he didn't. :confused: It does you no good to leave a set of stickers in the pits after the checkered flag.

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Because he couldn't have made up the 2 laps he would have lost pitting under green. Would have finished worse.

15. auminer

I don't know... 3 seconds a lap falloff, 16-17 second laps... Could have been possible.

Not pitting for those tires didn't work, wasn't going to work.

If you follow the leaders, you'll follow the leaders.