1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is a good place to learn to ride on the track that also includes racebike?

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by R6newb, Mar 11, 2024.

1. R6newb

R6newb Member

Hey ,

I am a newb to racing and looking to get some seat time on a track. Anyone knownof a good place to go learn to race on a track? Looking for moto gp/ superbike tracks.

I live in Minnesota and would have to travel and if anyone offers coaching or training I would be happy to pay for that.

Looking to get a bike sometime in 2024 and race.

Thank you,

Gary
    9 five 2 393 5922 or message me on here

2. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

California Superbike School has dates at a wide variety of tracks in the US and worldwide, and you can use their bike or bring your own. In the US and Australia their bikes are track-prepped BMW S1000rr, in the UK it is Kawasaki ZX-10R, not sure about the other regions. Very, very professionally run organization, plenty of choices for where to go, and the S1000rrs are awesome to ride. Taking CSS at Phillip Island is on my bucket list. :) Barber is also a great track, or Laguna Seca, or VIR...

3. fass af fr

fass af fr New Member

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um you should find a club racing org close to home and get your feet wet that way.
    Renting a bike is going to be an expensive proposition and wont be corrected fitted to your ergos

5. z00

z00 Active Member

BrentA likes this.
  6. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Hi Gary,
    Have you never done a regular track day before?
    If not, you might want to start there and take lots of training courses like Yamaha Champions Riding School or the Ken Hill Master Class.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Go find a track day at Brainard (with Zars), Blackhawk Farms (with Motovid track days) or even Road America (Zars). Good place to start, then maybe do a CSS or YCRS school after doing a couple track days. Nothing wrong with going straight to racing either, but a couple of track days won't hurt before going bar to bar in a race or to the formal schools, imho.

Murcielago311 likes this.
  8. eka

eka New Member

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

There are track days at the tech College in Rosemount or sign up for new riders school with the CRA at Brainerd. Otherwise if you have 450cc or smaller you can ride at Usair in Shawano or the kart track at RA if you are looking for something less intimidating. We ride at Shawano a ton in the summer. Happy to help if you're there.

10. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

If you already own an R6 or some other reasonably sporty bike, go do a track day.

If you want coaching, I am a student of and happily recommend both California Superbike School and Sport Rider Coaching. SRC runs at Eagle's Canyon Raceway just north of Ft. Worth, which is an excellent track and probably one of the best kept secrets in the country. I've ridden Barber, COTA, NCM, and Road Atlanta as top US tracks and would put ECR right up there with them. With CSS you can go to many of the top tracks; I've done NCM, Barber, and Streets of Willow Springs (not putting this in the top, but heard it got repaved) with them and am looking at making it out to VIR or The Ridge.

11. Jordano

Jordano Active Member

Track days are awesome.

Superbike school or Champs school would be good too. I've done neither but they're both on my wish list.

If there are kart tracks around you, a Husqy FS450 or KTM 450 SMR supermoto will give you all kinds of fun in between big track days!

BrentA likes this.
  12. WIslowpoke

WIslowpoke Well-Known Member

For the "track days" at Rosemount, look up ZARS ARS (Advanced Riding School). You can ride your own bike minimally prepared for the track and get your feet wet. They also have the option to rent a supermoto bike. It's well organized and set up, only their signup website stinks.

13. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

If you can do an East coast track, hit up Emerson @ Bobbleheadmoto.com. He does private coaching and has instructed with YCRS.

14. pimplimp328

pimplimp328 Well-Known Member

Contact randy @619kneedraggers
    Rents bikes
    Takes you to the track and even feeds you!!
    Full pit set up
    On the west coast

Jordano likes this.
  15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Nice! We only rent Ninja 400’s or a 390 and our track is not a WSBK or MotoGP facility. ECR is an amazing track though!

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

17. Rickbreen

Rickbreen Well-Known Member

penguinracing.com

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

19. Anthmart64

Anthmart64 Member

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

While I agree this was fun when I did it, YCRS is way better for proper instruction. I think YCRS is the best.