1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The V7 MW Participation Award

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Dec 22, 2022.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

givesv6.jpg givesv7.jpg More progress has been made. New steering bearings, forks, bars, throttle, R6 master, wheel and clutch lever installed.

RRP and Lazy Destroyer like this.
  2. kenessex

I just took a quick spin through all of the V7MW results so far and it looks like we have about 37 entries in the give away so far. It looks like there are only about half a dozen seperate racers, so the odds are pretty good for somebody. There are still lots of upcoming events, so you had better get after it and enter V7MW!!!
    Check the results at Wera.com and see where you are.

rd400racer and RRP like this.
  3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

@kenessex and I are working on tallying up the total number of entries, finalizing the build over the off season AND more importantly logistics for the giveaway come the new season!:beer:

rd400racer likes this.
  5. kenessex

Here are the entries as I currently have it figured. If I have missed something, please let me know either privately or post it here. I have just pulled these from the WERA site points.
    Rider number, Name, total entries in V7MW
    52 Blake Werner 11
    9 Mark Morrow 3
    41 Keith Burras 2
    710 Devin Smith 7
    32 Harry Vanderlinden 7
    365 Joe Fischer 6
    648 Harry Reynolds 3
    898 Brian Fairchild 2
    696 Clifton Scott 3
    38 Matthew Patacca 1
    76 Patrick McGraw 1
    409 Jonathan Woodall 1
    927 William Schneider 3
    696 Douglas Parker 4
    172 Casey Church 1
    13 Brogan Richards 3
    115 Kelly Nuss 4
    191 C. Reynard Ficus 2
    987 Ryan Boyd 2
    321 William Hegerty 2
    135 Nick Nuss 3
    59 Michael Ketterer 1

We had a total of entrants and 68 entries, so you can figure your odds of being the winner.
    Again, let me know if I missed a rider or entry so I can make the changes.
    Mark and I are looking for the best opportunity to have te drawing and deliver the bike. We are thinking that either VMD or Cycle Jam will have the biggest crowds so we can have the most fun, but are open to suggestions, so post them up. Mark will be posting more pictures soon as he now has the bike taking up space in his garage. I believe the plastics are off to paint at the moment.

6. Harry Reynolds

Harry Reynolds Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it, but who won this?

ToofPic likes this.
  7. kenessex

We have not yet had the drawing. We are looking for the time to get it finished and to pick an event where it is likely the winner may be in attendance. The bike is currently getting bodywork fitted and painted. We are tentatively looking at Cycle Jam or VMD as a good venue for this.

sharky nrk likes this.
  8. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

Is the entry closed or do we still have time?

9. kenessex

It is closed with the GNF. Neither Mark nor I have another SV sitting around, so somebody else will need to come up with a prize for this year.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Well, we really didn’t have this one sitting around. We had a bunch of parts sitting around :D

Banditracer likes this.
  11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I would buy some of the “Kinda Superbikey” stickers (at wildly inflated costs) to support your efforts.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Its funny you mention this, I was just thinking about getting some made.

SundaySocial likes this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hello All - talking to Ken today and decided we needed to update the giveaway bike progress.

Life has been crazy and with family obligations, limited time and crap weather, finalizing the bike has gone slow over winter. But with the longer days and improving weather the plan is as follows:

(1) I’ve made arrangements to get the bike to a generous anonymous yet extremely skilled motor guy for final sort to make sure it’s running properly etc ( remember this bike is a combination of spares Ken and I had laying around)

(2) finishing up bodywork now that warmer weather will allow that

(3) once these are things are handled, Ken and I will be identifying a date and location for giveaway drawing.

It’s gonna happen and wanted to keep the ‘23 V7MW participants and potential winner up to speed.:beer:

MattTries and Banditracer like this.
  14. kenessex

What he said. I am excited that the anonymous engine guy is going to provide the finishing touches to this bike. As he also noted, we will need to pick a venue to draw the winning name for the bike. Given our location, it will probably need to be in the SE. Do we wait until the GNF? Perhaps MId-Ohio? Cycle Jam?