1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The V7 MW Participation Award

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Dec 22, 2022.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I'm glad you had fun.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry about that but glad you guys had fun.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Totally our mistake. We were anxious before we headed out but felt great when it was over. We have a huge respect for the endurance guys now. I have no clue how they do it lap after lap.

4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Are y'all interested in trying it? I'm working on getting together an endurance team, but I'm not sure everybody will be ready for Road Atlanta, so I may try to find some people that want to either Relay Race or Endurance Race it. I'm on a 2nd gen SV.

5. rd400racer

As cool as it sounds, I was completely wiped out after 20 laps. And it wasn't so much the physical part as it was the concentration involved. As the laps rolled on I kept thinking I was going to make some dumb little mistake. I really appreciate the offer but I don't think we're quite there yet.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kelly,

It warms my heart seeing that SV getting used annnnnd- for being the “old guy” who had the nuts to bring a knife to a gun fight.:D

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd400racer

Mark, that bike ran great, never missed a lick. As of now, it's better than me. If I could get it down to the 1:08's at Tally I'd be ecstatic. That's my goal. I need to find 5 more seconds.

William Schneider and RRP like this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Updates - thanks to @dont621 (Don Thacker) for stepping up and squaring away some emulator kit for the giveaway bike.

gracias Don!

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Follow up!

many thanks to Dave Spaw @dspaw (and Don Thacker @dont621) for the front end parts etc for the giveaway bike.

pretty much got the suspension covered:beer:

Now apparently we have a bit of tired motor to address… “no good deed” as they say!

10. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

This is the best thread here! Did anyone set up the "Kinda Superbikey" store yet?

I think a requirement of the raffle winner should be to be prepared to enter and anchor the endurance race the week of the raffle. The rest of the team can be the other raffle entries in attendance!

-T

11. rd400racer

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, why weren't you there to find out for sure?

Either he pre entered the wrong class and no one caught it or he entered and listed the wrong bike or any number of possibilities.

13. rd400racer

I simply looked at the results after the race and saw his name as winner. His name or bike wasn't logged into the grid sheet, there was only a hand written number next to the other 3 of us that were in the race. I didn't even know the guy was in the race because it was penciled in with nothing next to it. It wasn't until I checked in today to see how things went on Sunday that you could tell he was on a GSXR750 (if that is in fact what he was on). I'm simply trying to understand how to go forward with this now and in the future. I have to go personally inspect my competitors motorcycles to be sure that they are in fact racing the correct motorcycle?

Yeah, I'm a little pissed off. I had the hardest race I've ever ridden to get around the guy in first to claim what I thought was a win, only to find out later that some penciled in number actually won on who knows what motorcycle.

Oh, and if you click on his name it shows he races an 04 GSXR750. Kind of hard to beat that on an SV650.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was written in to save paper as we do regularly. As for the finish - you didn't notice a guy gridded next to you was on a GSXR? And you never checked any of the results? I'm finding it kind of strange that the first time anyone in the class would notice is today. Truly wish anyone would have said something Saturday after the first race and we could have fixed it.

As for what you have to do - you absolutely need to check the printed results at the track. The protest period is 30 minutes from them going up. Been that way for 40+ years. You absolutely should look at your competitors machinery if the chance of them being illegal is an issue for you. We cannot be everywhere and tech isn't about class legality. 99.9% of the time we catch these things but we are only human and with riders pre entering we don't always see the bike they've entered even with as many manual double checks as we have in place.

FWIW I do believe he was on an 04 GSXR which is indeed V8 legal. I also know the classes are confusing to people who haven't raced them before and I was answering questions and fixing things all weekend. Could have fixed this one had I known it existed. I am sorry I didn't.

15. rd400racer

I get what you're saying in most of what you wrote. I did check who I was up against on the grid sheet before the race. On top of that he was gridded behind me. The penciled in number was under the second grid sheet and I didn't even see it until results were posted an hour later. The simple solution is he's disqualified, as he should be...no time restraints included.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

I'm sorry you're mad and sorry you don't see a need to check results but that is all on you.

I may change my mind later but at this point I'm going with our rulebook.

17. rd400racer

Mad is a little harsh, upset would be better. And in my mind I know I won and I'm OK with that.

I did read the rulebook in the last hour. It mentions plenty about protesting someone that you think may be racing a cheater bike, but nothing about someone entering a bike in the wrong class. That should be addressed.

Going forward I like solutions instead of complaints. This could have been avoided simply by having the bike type written in next to the number that was penciled on the grid just like the ones that are typed in. Would take 3 seconds and I would have known instantly he was in the wrong class.

All good Sean, we're looking forward to the next event.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the bike isn't illegal for the class then what is you issue?

The rulebook doe not cover intent, it covers the basic facts.

I'll ask the registrars to make sure they put bikes on the handwritten grids, I had no idea they were slacking like that as it should have been done that way.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok Kelly - enough of you mucking up this thread.:D

Made a road trip to Wisconsin and making progress. Replacement motor installed, Forks serviced and emulators kit installed, Fox shock installed, suspension is fresh.

Would have been a roller but I brought the wrong steering head bearings, so new ones on the way and Ken will be installing front end later this week.

Miles to go but coming along.

FYI - anybody have a decent exhaust can that will fit M4 SV midpipe? Donation still welcome.

D59BA548-AB59-4524-9341-C5572C7739C6.jpeg
    E8113CCC-8F1B-46DE-8E10-42C5F1748220.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    rd400racer likes this.
  20. Jwolf440

Jwolf440 New Member

I got I think 3 sets of 1gen exhausts in the garage- maybe two yosh setups and one two brothers.

PM me if you’re interested in one

RRP likes this.