2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You may dig this.

Circacee likes this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in this fight,but that was as nasty as anything I've ever seen from a drop in from the clouds.A flimsy dirt helmet,and the equivalent of a t-shirt on hard concrete.We all hit the ground,but that shit was beyond normal.Then several laps later!!!!!? They have him in a neck brace and limping off? Shoulda been on a back board at the least.Ambulance flags definitely!! They were lucky no one landed on them while helping him.

3. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

So SX/MX riders wear minimal if no upper protection?? Last week I was listening to a MotoGP Podcast who interviewed A-Stars Tech Air individual, it was pretty interesting. He was explaining the development of the Tech Air products, over 10 years old I believe? He said the vest/jacket is now very lightweight and small, I can't believe MX/SX racers don't wear it (maybe some do)? Hell, WorldCup Downhill Ski racers have been wearing A-Stars/Dainese for a couple years now.

Forkner was in tears, he's gotta be thinking his career is damn near over, poor kid.

Go Webb!!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The off-road/MX airbag is still being tested. I doubt riders would wear the existing systems given the air time they get. The sensors wouldn't know what to do with that.

MXGP requires chest/back protectors. SX doesn't have any specific protection requirements outside of a helmet I don't think.

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I am guessing Forkner was in tears because, he was probably hurting pretty good, and the self awareness he was injured again. . For the record, my last concussion (in 2021), I was told, I broke into tears, when I asked what happened, they told me I had a crash, and concussion. I was told, I said... Not again, and started sobbing. He's 25, I was 54. Hoping we get a positive update on him soon. Even with a back/chest torso protector, from that height, and speed, you could be in a protective air bubble cocoon type apparatus, and the sudden stop at the end is what is going to damage the brain. It is just sloshing around in the skull. Ski

cBJr, CRA_Fizzer, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  6. Whole situation seemed odd to me but I’d assumed they assesed him properly but that was a big assumption on my part.

7. ToofPic

Yeah,just read on FB from his Dad.They definitely shouldn't have moved him!!.Fractured L3,L4 in his back
    Broken Scapula.One of his contacts came out,and he thinks that messed up his judgement of that double.:(

stk0308 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Austin's sure in my thoughts. Hopefully hear more positive news from his 'camp' soon.

Mother nature may be watering the Daytona track some next weekend. Rain in the forecast from Thursday 29th through Saturday of the 200, the 9th. Percentages are low at this point, fortunately.

Eli saying the team has made some changes, with no explanation regarding what they were, at all.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

What a load of shit. Why the hell wasn't he put on a board. That medical crew should be kicked to the curb along with whoever is in charge.

10. CRA_Fizzer

Assessed my ass. Put him on a board. Not even a question.

stk0308 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Have to feel for him and kawi, ever since RV kawi has had some bad luck with AC and AF.
    That get off was crazy, idk what the answer is but the concrete needs to be addressed.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Usually that medical team is top notch when it comes to taking care of the riders.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yall seriously need to stop commenting on shit you have no clue about. Lol yes I know which board I’m typing on so it’s expected.

sx helmets are extremely safe and tested probably just as hard as road helmets.

these guys aren’t racing with “flimsy helmets and t-shirts.”

Most, not all are wearing protection under their jerseys and they have come a long way in protection. I wear one when I race and you can’t tell it’s there while riding but saved my ass plenty.

most are wearing leg/knee braces. Same thing, they aren’t the bulky Forrest Gump looking shits of 10 years ago.

some (not majority) wear neck braces or collars types that also protect the collarbones. Ferrandis I believe wears the whole kit.

the main gripe I have is the bitching about the safety crew. Those guys are at the rider within seconds. You don’t know the situation, and you can’t just assume they fucked up. They were tending to him for a while and they followed protocol and had his bike standing with multiple track workers signaling. Let’s be honest, how the fuck are yall expecting them to strap him down with a broken shoulder? He was probably ONLY complaining about his shoulder since that pain was probably the main concern and laying down was probably making it worse.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

IMG_4196.jpeg Can you tell I’m wearing a full chest/back/collarbone protector?

can you tell I am wearing hip and leg protection?

this is a $900 Bell and it feels as safe and comfy (other than obvious face shield) as my road race helmets.

15. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Would like to see an example of upper body protection that they might wear, not being a smart ass, not familiar w/SX/MX gear.

During Jetts post race interview, looked as if he had nothing under his jersey, that boy has .5% body fat.

Forkner has fractured L3 & L4, poor kid.

Thanks

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, in fairness, everyone is just going to assume that it's lard.

MUFC1878, Circacee, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

As someone who has an L1/L2 burst fracture and an incomplete SCI, it just sickens me they didn't put him on a board! That was an extremely violent impact. What does it hurt to put him on a board? Absolutely nothing. And what would have happened if one of those breaks would have moved and cut his cord???

18. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Backboard-

You can NOT force any medical intervention on to a patient. If they deny the want/need for a backboard and want to walk it off, they have that right. You have that right.

Not sure why he wasn’t on the backboard but it’s not fair to slam the medical crew from your couch.

Once a Wanker.. and SpeedyTide like this.
  19. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Went to supercross Saturday night was great . Just wish they opened the roof a bit, or the big sliding doors!! Me and our boy had a headache all day yesterday , probably had something to do with all the race gas we huffed and puffed on for 3 plus hours!:confused:

Once a Wanker.. and Circacee like this.
  20. ToofPic

Ummmm...Im pretty sure his Dad was there and witnessed it first hand,and complained his son should have been on a board.Im no Superstar big Bobby,but I too!! have crashed in 1k Arai helmets,and all sorts of dirt helmets racing Harescrambles.No Comparison,not even close!! I cant think of one single racer that had anything on under the Jersey.I always look,because I sure as shit would.Jett Lawrence is a great example,Kid's not wearing a damn thing,cept big ol nuts!! I do agree getting on a board with broken scapula,and collarbone don't work! My last crash they tried,I screamed like a bitch,and we didnt do it! But I was wearing leathers,and a sweet one and done Arai. Again..Im no Superstar,and your results may vary,but I do bleed and break like a pro!:D:Poke:

John Branch and Robby-Bobby like this.