1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Simlabs xeroplay quick release adapter.

I’m leaning towards this:

https://www.cubecontrols.com/product/gt-sport/

looks like it works through usb, the only software needed is if you choose the wireless version

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is he including the full QR in the deal? Cube Controls makes good stuff.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

4. Venom51

If you are a casual Xbox player that will the job.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

It seems getting out of Rookies isn't as easy as I originally anticipated.

Getting a safety rating cut for a lapped car asspacking you seems a little excessive...

At what point am I going to be able to race the cars that are avaiable for purchase?

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What series are you racing ?

7. 418

418 Expert #59

F1600

Ive done couple of Vee races just to try to get my numbers up. That didn't work as I got described.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Try Spec Ford Racer .
    You can also game the system like I did and do a shit load of Time Trials .
    Time consuming but you can get to the next license easily .
    I started in the Miata and had a hell of a time .
    Also don't worry about you IR right now, just do clean laps .
    The more corners , the more points .

418 likes this.
  9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Can always start from the pits as well, helps avoid the inevitable T1 massacre. Does nothing to help your racecraft though, so a lot of people (me included) dont recommend. Also, even if you get taken out, continue the race after a quick repair. SR is calculated by some combination of incident points per number of corners taken. So even if you get taken out, and cruise around in last safely, your SR will either improve or be minimally affected.
    Getting 4x for getting taken out is something you just need to get used to, its going to happen regardless what youre driving at what level.
    And I say this from experience, especially in rookies, after the race look at the replay, and try to be neutral, is there anything you could have done to prevent the incident. Usually probably not, but occasionally there was an out you could have left that would have saved you, maybe youd lose a spot or two, but at that point, its the lesser of two evils.

10. Pittenger5

Also, good bump, I was just about to come post in this thread.
    Finally going to fix something that has been bugging me, my FOV is fucked and I cant figure out how to fix it. The main problem is it wraps just way too much. The passenger side mirror ends up being straight to my right, where in a normal car, its usually at about a 45 degree angle. Ive tried all the calculators, but still cant get it right.
    I'm using the Nvidia triple monitor utility. Triple 32" curved screens. It happens in every game I play, so its definitely not just an iracing thing.
    Any suggestions where to start or adjust it?

11. Venom51

You do know you know a guy right?

12. Pittenger5

That is why I'm posting in this thread. :)

13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Did you do the calculations in the video tab in the game?

14. Gino230

So I finally have my TR 160 almost complete- waiting on the wheel rim and monitor stand. Looking for a place to mount the wheelbase controller- it has holes in the back so I assume it can be mounted but I'd need to come up with some kind of bracket. Tried looking at some pics but it seems like everyone is just winging it. TR160 cockpit.jpg

418 likes this.
  15. Gino230

I thought Time Trials counted alot less towards safety rating?

It's tough in the D classes, there's people that are just playing a video game and don't GAS. It seems impossible to do a race without contact as they will always be crashing into you or right in front of you. This last week though it was my fault, I went for a pass and he came down on top of me. Since building safety rating is the biggest goal right now I probably should have backed out of it.

I guess you just have to put the time in?

418 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Had a guy drive into the back of me while drafting on the front straight in Formula 1600. He never pulled out to move over, just punted me out of the way. That spin cost me SR which doesn't make sense.

I also found out if you quallify on pole and gap everybody by a country mile on the first lap they can't hit you. That seems to be easier said than done...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I used the Miata and got out of rookies quickly. Either qualify on the front row and run away from the bullshit or start from the back and use it as practice. Do as many practice and qualifying laps as possible and keep it on the track and it shouldn’t take too long.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you have to enter your real weight into those games? Asking for a friend struggling with performance.

19. Venom51

No..

Verification of that weight would be an issue. :D

20. Pittenger5

Pro tip: If you put your weight as negative, the car becomes lighter.