1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in my day.....

Discussion in 'General' started by rwdfun, Feb 12, 2024.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Kids would like a little of that. This is our current snow cover in the grate state of Minneshitholia…

Attached Files:

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

VW Mini Busses all done up in peace signs and smoke rolling our the windows don't count hippy :Poke::D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I had a Dodge with a slant 6 between the front seats.

ToofPic, Once a Wanker.. and tl1098 like this.
  4. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

My kid (HS freshman) gets one actual snow day. Anything after that is a "zoom day". They're home but still working. She goes to a private school but the district runs busses that a lot of the kids use so the school is at their mercy.

BrentA likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here, we had 50 on Sat.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

What was the mural painted on it? fuzzy dice or dingle ball fringe? What color was the shag and anything under 3” and you were a poser :D

I’m no Mopar guy but that engine was solid… kudos man… you walked the walk :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Precisely, so few have a parent at home during the work day as standard backup.

Jed likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Actually it was the window van with curtains. Red and silver paint. Keystone wheels. I didn't like shag at all, even when it was popular. That shit got nasty too fast. Somehow I managed to throw a rod in the 6 and had to replace the engine. Rented a hoist and did it in the back yard. That thing had the longest damned clutch rod I've ever seen.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

TWSS.

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

upload_2024-2-12_18-58-38.png
    Rod 6-24-1. She knows of what she speaks.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

wow, thought they were bullet proof… it’s got me envisioning you all cartooned up slanted hat and all on a rat rod Tshirt with the rod hanging out the side now… keystones and Cragers, and vans, were a bit before my time… by time I was building cars we’d moved on to the aluminum slots or the coveted American racing round holes…

there was a VW Micro around that someone cut the middle out of and the wheels nearly touched… only the front seats left.. taller than it was long or wide… I think I’m a bit younger than you but definitely lived through all that stuff in the 70s as a kid…

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

alright… educate me… what’s that acronym?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That's
    What
    She
    Said

sharkattack and 27 like this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Thanks man… got some laughs on the rod jokes now… brain function isn’t optimal today…;)

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's not fair ! We're in Canuckistan and we don't have shit !

16. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Three on the tree?Nice,mine was automatic,that thing wouldn't pull a sick whore off a piss pot.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...sloppy as hell too. I got it about '74 or '75 and it had some hard miles on it. It was a bit harder than changing out a conventional; car, but still easier than it would be with all of today's electronics

18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Grocery bags were paper back in the 1960's and most of the '70's. They were rare early on, and 'thrifty Mom's' carefully washed, folded, and saved them. Who knew what for? My Mom had an old laundry hamper that was a 'History of Plastic Bags,' as I emptied it. (The bottom wasn't strong enough to move it full.) Those at the bottom were from my Grandma, from the late '50's.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

School book covers and cheap luggage.

chobes, scottn, brex and 2 others like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Amazing the useful stuff people today throw away in the name of convenience.

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.