1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Trackhouse is not jacking around. That's awesome news for them.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Maybe I’m a schmuck but you’re an amazing idiot

motion likes this.
  3. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

As you said...the measured data is used to calibrate (refine/adjust) the CFD model, so future model predictions more accurately reflect what is actually happening (reality). Be interesting to see data from a bike in a pack.

27 likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We can both agree on that!

KneeDragger_c69 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Nothing related to the two in this exchange but I was always partial to the term 'Blazing Idiot'....

That or it's the 50th anniversary of Blazing Saddles nudging me into a bias of sorts....

6. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I love this! Davide is my favorite team manager in Motogp.

Quicktoy, ShadowBoxer and 27 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

One of my favorites too. He accidentally interrupted a meeting we were having with Suzuki a decade ago at a GP. After introductions(we knew who he was obviously), we insisted that he join us, we all ended up having lunch after. My Toyota guys still talk about that day :D

This is the most impressive part of Trackhouse so far for sure… now they look serious about succeeding.

cbush, lopitt85, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That top pic...the front of the bike looks like Rafiki from Lion King...like a baboon with it's mouth wide open :confused:

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

ungwaha and motion like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

lol he literally went faster yesterday than the race winner there last year and that’s straggling?

12. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

That better show up with big googly eyes at some point. :crackup:

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If everyone has picked up a second since last year, then yes!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Francesco Bagnaia claimed the bragging rights on the final day of the Sepang Test, and in some style too by obliterating the outright lap record. The World Champion fired in a 1:56.682 during a blistering opening hour of action to better Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing), as last year’s gripping rivalry was renewed early in 2024.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024...out-martin-on-groundbreaking-final-day/489385

upload_2024-2-8_8-50-59.png
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/results/1044095/1/2024-official-sepang-motogp-test-results-day-3

27 likes this.
  15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I just started watching Netflix Nascar version of drive to survive.
    Trackhouse is one of the teams they were show casing, the facilities and number of employees those teams have is impressive as hell.

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

so you mean this is a step above Paris Hilton Racing

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Didn’t he end like 6th? What do you have to say about the guys behind him? They must really suck!

weird how close the MM guys are in old bikes.

remember Rossi when he had the newest and best of everything and was gonna win a lot of races in the Ducati?

Man those were god times!

pepperridge farms remembers.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

When Trackhouse was announced as the new owners of the satellite Aprilia team, I got the feeling that some Europeans were skeptical of an American Nascar team buying into Motogp, kind of like it was just a marketing gimmick. But given how well the roll-out has been going, and especially now that they've brought Brivio back to the paddock, it seems like Trackhouse is already changing some peoples' minds, and changing some of that skepticism into excitement.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brivio going there has me upgrading them from smoke and mirrors to maybe they’re legit. I’m a pessimist, especially in racing so that’s as good as they’re getting for now. :D

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Where will you rank them when Brivio has the satellite Ape team smoking the factory boys? Could happen.