1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No, you're not the only one here. I'm on the lookout for a KAC M23 silencer. It'll probably cost as much as the gun in belongs on, which is made by ...

H&K - so we're absolutely clear, it's H&K, not HK, which is probably one reason why ze' Germans hate the US civilian market. That, and constant pressure from the long-prevailing SDP in ze' German Bundestag assures little in the way of awesomeness for anyone on this side of the Atlantic. Gotta play nice with parliament lest another home of ruthless German efficiency falls prey like Sig Sauer's German operations.

A piston-operated MR556A1 will probably fall into my hands at some point in the future, because it's the civilian variant of the rifle that put three rounds of 70gr. 5.56 in bin Laden's fuckin' face. Unfortunately, a proper replica upper receiver is really, really expensive. So, no fast-adjustable gas block upper for me, probably ever.

Anyway, my next H&K will be a MK23 because, fuck yeah.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Hey @redtailracing or anybody else I suppose, tell me about this RMR HD. I was interested in the Holosun SCS for my PDP mainly for the auto adjust and direct mount. I went to go buy one but I had no idea how small it was. Co witnessing with the factory irons was cool but the irons took up damn near the whole window.

With cash in hand and an itch to buy something I bought a green 507 COMP kind of on a whim. So far I like it but I’ve only taken it to the range. I haven’t shot a match with it yet where I really hope it will shine and make up for all the new shit I bump into . I knew it was big but it’s almost PIA big as I carry the PDP most often.

Anybody got a good idea of the size? I’m hoping it’s somewhere between a 507C and a 507 COMP.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Good luck. I decided long ago that finding one of those would be what likely triggered a mk23 purchase for me. Maybe I’ll have one before but it wouldn’t be surprising if the can came first (well at least the purchase of one, fuck the NFA). But if memory serves, getting that thing for the cost of the gun would be the steal of the year these days. Pretty sure you’re looking at 2x+.

I had an opportunity to grab a mk23 outfitted with the Wilcox nightstalker for $3500ish all-in, fuckin hesitated and missed out. My 2 worst gun regerts are that one and selling my P7. Guess I make bad decisions with HK pistols.

and yes I’m still calling them HK :p H&K just doesn’t roll off the tongue as well. Maybe I’ll show more respect when they offer the guns I want lol. And I get the whole ordeal with German laws but I’m still blaming them because reasons lol. Though I do find it strange they’re allowed to sell to the US military but can’t produce those same guns for the US civilian market? Is it that they have to be produced in Germany and US import laws stand in the way from there? I can never remember the details.

4. redtailracing

I only know what I wrote about it. Zero experience with. I do have plenty of experience with the regular rmr though, love it, and this thing sounds even better. Pretty sure it’s on their website now so if you’re curious about other things like battery life, it should be there.

5. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Went to YouTube university and it seems like size wise it’s what I’m looking for. Batteries are cheap so meh on battery life but I like the top load and not having to re zero a la Holosun. As long as it doesn’t over hang the chamber I think I’ll give it a whirl…unless the 507 COMP just blows me away at my match on Saturday.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I really don't have a preference for hammer or striker fired pistols. At least not intentionally. I have a mix in my safe. As I've tried different guns, and learned the terminology, I paid more attention to why I liked a specific gun rather than "just because". I like a trigger with not a lot of take up, less than 5 pound pull, linear feel and short reset.

My Sig P320 DH3 and my Walther PDP both have excellent triggers. Had a S&W M&P 2.0, and that trigger wasn't too bad.

The Canik's are going because they just sit in my safe. I'd rather see them go to someone that will enjoy them than them gather dust in my safe.

I hate DA/SA triggers. I had a Sig P227 and a P229 as my first two semi-auto pistols and lived with them for quite a while because I didn't know any better. They're long gone. CZ's DA/SA is the exception to that though. Everything else about my Shadow2 and 75 P01 is so good. The only thing I really couldn't tolerate on my P01 was the sights. Maybe they'd be fine for me before I turned 44. But now with bifocals, they were hard to see. I'm hoping the Dawson Precision sights I'm having put on work. Since I was sending it off, I decided to have them do the trigger and a barrel bushing to see how what all the hype was about and how much their work does indeed improve the guns performance and accuracy. I'm excited to get it back.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

What red dot do you have on it? I love mine. Softest shooting gun I think I've ever fired. One thing I did notice is the gasses that come out of the integrated comp do get on the glass of my Delta Point Pro and dirty it up after a while. I got one of those pen type lense cleaners to take care of that.

I think I may have previously mentioned it, but 1911 Syndicate on youtube did a break down of the TTi Pit Viper. Their reviews are pretty detailed and well thought out. Unlike many reviewers, they didn't rave about the Sand Viper or Pit Viper..quite the contrary. He basically said, this is a mass produced gun not built to the level of tolerances he would expect for a $7000 gun, and this guy owns and Infinity...he said the XC was a better gun at a way better price. Which is what kind of made me want the XC, so I went for it, and I do not regret it.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i cant decide between that and the sp10 (10mm)

9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The gun came with a Trijicon SRO1 on it, my first red dot on my first Staccato. Being a bit of an old traditionalist,
    I like the challenge of shooting without optics; but I must admit I like the red dot. Only issue is a small one,
    it hangs over the ejection port a bit so I get a funny shell bounce every now and then.

10. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Obviously can't speak to the .45 (or the 10mm) but the 9mm Stribogs are a fucking riot and punch waaaaaaay above their price point....the last time RonR and I got together, this was the table we went through.

IMG_8381.jpeg

At one point we literally went MP5k (roller delayed), Stribog A3K (roller delayed ish) and Scorpion 3 plus k (direct blow back) back to back to back running the same can on all of them on a dueling tree. The MP5 is the softest shooting, but the stribog's isnt that far behind and it's trigger brings it home for the win because it is soooooo much better....that being said, in full disclosure, I have all three variants of the MP5, 3 scorpions and 2 stribogs....the scorpions are the workhorses for home defense (they have never jammed on ANYTHING I've put in them).....both the stribogs and MP5s don't like flat nosed subs or certain hollow points (I do use the stribogs as home guns with Hornaday critical defense) but they are in rooms I don't frequent as much as the rooms the scorpions are in. The MP5s stay in the safe. If the guntubers are saying they dont jam like the original 9mm stribogs did, I wouldn't hesitate. I saw a vid on the 10mm stribog and it seemed to run fine....and if I was in the market for a 10mm subgun, Id definitely get one of those. If they got the mags sorted in 45, it's a fantastic platform that should make you smile and Id definitely get one of those as well if I was in the market for a .45 subgun

shakazulu12 and RonR like this.
  11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hah was the theme of the day subgun day lol i love it. Yeah after talking to my buddy yesterday im going 10mm

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I liked my Glock 20….. ugh now yall got me wanting one again.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

lucky for you they are available to buy ;) haha

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I was heavily considering the 40. Sadly I'm also very drawn to the Dan Wesson Kodiak and Bruin but I have a delta and I’m not sure the DW is that much beefier.

15. redtailracing

I see evidence of an SOT... :p That looks like a fun day. And I'm jealous of all the cans.

16. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Hey brotha… who cut the slide on the CZ P07 on the bottom right of the table? So far the ones I’ve found cut out the rear sight, and I’d like to add a dot to my P07

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just have to remember I've put about 50 rounds through my pistol(s) in the past 8 months or so vs my rifles and the want starts to go away when I acknowledge I'm not going to shoot them.

but I'd like you to get the DW's and show us pictures

RonR likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

May the ghost of Herr Heckler come along AND kick you right in the Koch.

:D :D :D

pickled egg and redtailracing like this.
  19. motorkas

Cajun did it, GREAT guys to work with....process is contact them, put in the work order and they'll give you their lead times (a couple of months)....then they'll send you an email when it's your slot to ship, ship the slide and and let them know what you want it cut for, since I went with Holosun, they sell them (competitive pricing, no tax) so it came back already installed on the slide.....again, GREAT guys to work with (they also cut one of my CZ75s).

20. motorkas

It was actually "does a Canik measure up to Sig, HK, FN, Staccato and CZ:D. Nothing behind it except legit curiosity since we had them all and could run them (also wanted to get Ron's opinion on a HK .40 vs a Sig 226 .40. Subs are just stupid fun and since we were doing a taste test with the pistols, figured we should set it up for K subs as well....but the real winner of the day was his full auto suppressed .22.....talk about a sewing machine of death and bad intentions....:bow:

sanee and RonR like this.