1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I got a rival I’ll sell for half what TTI costs.

If you’re spending $1000 for Canik. Get the steel RivalS.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

This is what I learned about Staccato and related YT videos....Michelle Viscusi
    stacatto.jpg

Attached Files:

sanee and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

Yeah. She’s yummy. She used to work for Glock apparently.

Glocks are as exciting as old worn out sneakers. Their following is like Harley riders. Cannot and won’t admit that the product is technologically stale and the rest of the industry has far surpassed them.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No, they’re not sexy, but with only 34 pieces, they’re extremely reliable and get the job done every time. Very Austrian indeed.

5. StaccatoFan

But if they suck to shoot who cares? Like everyone raved about the CZ P10 series. I got a P10s. Tried very hard to like it. That experiment failed. CZ makes great guns if you stick to the steel or aluminum framed 75 series platforms.

If the P10S grip was a bit longer the ergos would be fine. But that trigger is absolute shit. Like it’s made of wood or something. And it just got worse every time I shot it. And I clean and oil my guns after every range day.

Based on what I’ve tried. Canik HK and Walther make the best polymer striker fired handguns. Sig isn’t bad either depending on which variant you buy.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m sure many are aware but for those that aren’t. A Word of caution before buying bulk. Buy a box and see how your firearm functions and groups before you start stacking thousands.

DmanSlam and StaccatoFan like this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

She is gorgeous but I feel like that photographer sucks at his job or likes dudes.

8. Resident Plarp

See, that’s a more objective approach, I can respect that. But to say the gun is garbage because you can’t shoot it well, doesn’t mean it’s a bad platform. Some frogmen, who can carry pretty much any sidearm they like, choose GLOCK brand GLOCKs as their backup weapon. Yeah, yeah, rappers have fenestrated fellow independent pharmacists with them as well.

This H&K USP I picked up recently, it’s taken almost 1,000 (trouble-free, mind you) rounds to really get it to work for me. I couldn’t shoot it well at first - it’s the only handgun I’ve had trouble getting on with. But the blame was me, not the gun. I worked on myself and have turned it into something I can shoot well.

Take responsibility for your inability, support your local ammo dealer and shoot more. :D :D :D

sanee likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

With abs like that, I bet she can poop really fast.

tiggen and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. StaccatoFan

And I should have expanded before I explained myself on the P10s....I've shot Glocks...I've tried to like them.
    I've evolved to as a shooter that I can tell you why I don't like Glocks...the grip angle and the trigger, and the sights completely suck to me.

I hate 1911's because of the single stack magazine..that means capacity is a problem and the slender grip is just something I don't like. I also have decided I don't like .45ACP. Which I've tried in many 1911's and my Sig P227.

Ironically, I realize the Staccato 2011 is a variant of the 1911, but the wider grip in the design to accomadate the double stack magazine I like. I've replaced the trigger on my XC and P with Infinity triggers because as of now, Staccato doesn't offer those models with a flat face trigger shoe. I wanted to try that as my interface to my index finger. I made the change and I absolutely love it.

The HK's that peak my interest are the P30L (as a fan of John Wick), and a VP9. I believe Broome was a huge fan of the VP9, and the reviews I've watched and read on it are all positive. Just don't know if I want to spend the cash on one..because I think I've kind of reached my apex on handguns. I can walk into a shop now, take a look at the display cases, shrug and leave.
    Do I respect the 1911 and Glock's significance in the evolution of the handgun, sure..absolutely. They're just not for me. I also respect Neil Peart's significance as a percussionist, but I absolutely hate his band's music.

11. gapman789

This is what I was thinking if I were to get a Staccato now.

Being a noob with pistols so to speak, part of the 'fun' for me is trying out new guns....Experiencing the difference in triggers, accuracy, ergos, learning to sight guns in, hammer vs striker fire, 9 vs 10, etc.

If I can't shoot a certain gun very well, it makes me want to get better with it. I like the challenge. If a staccato is the perfect gun, I feel like I'd get bored with it. I'm sure I'll seriously consider a staccato eventually, but for now, I wanna taste a variety of shapes, sizes, calibers, etc.

12. Inside waist. I’ll take a look at those.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Thats wayyyy too much time in an indoor range haha. Ill go with a buddy just to shoot some with him as its close by for both of us but i hate it. I do the same with doubling up the ears and even then anything more than a pistol its just loud as fuk. Theres always someone with a short barrel john wick shit going full retard. Always some newbie that im skeered off, yeah too many negatives

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

my glock makes my fn 509 look like a staccato. I think they used 4 grit sand paper on all the parts of the FN then assembled the thing

15. StaccatoFan

But if you’re going to get a 2011. Get the Staccato. Thats all I’m saying. It’s well worth it.

16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hey we all know what you like lol

17. StaccatoFan

If you shoot one, you’ll understand

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i have and its nice but not perfect for me, especially that price point. For that price it better be perfect.

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You’ve evolved as a shooter?!? :crackup::crackup:

It takes all of a few minutes with a Glock to discover the grip angle is weird to many, they are begging for a trigger job and it needs aftermarket sights. But you do you and evolve away. :rolleyes:

20. gapman789

Yup. It was my 1st time so had to try it.

itll be ok on a rainy day or if im rained out at work and am bored

i shoot at my property with my dual railroad tie range i built over the fall when the weather is good

ive friends proerties to shoot as well