1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. This is part of the racing business. End of the day all that hype has brought the kid in some fine supplemental income via social media (listened to one podcast not long ago where dad stated that a decent cut of the revenue goes into a trust for the kids, need to find it), social media making him as a brand bring in more direct sponsorship $, the Yamaha ride - I don’t why they made the choice to sign him but I’m sure factors like on track, they already are both in bed with Monster and I can tell
    You at my local dealership they stock H Deegan graphics for pw,s, ttr’s, etc. These are the kids or their parents wanting too look like Haiden. Seems to be working. I don’t know how to measure popularity but I’m sure he is more “recognizable” than a Lawrence brother. A lot of people I see wearing his stuff aren’t hard core fans or even really Mx people, they just are drawn to him as his own brand.
    I’m not the biggest fan of dad but I have nothing but respect at the hustle he has put in for himself and his family. He got slightly ahead of the curve on the social media. I’m going to assume once the careers are in the twilight phases the wife will take over and it will be like the Kardashian’s. Never know BD could be the next Bruce Jenner.

2. It’s always been on another level. I’ve never been able to figure out and when he was more in his “prime” most others didn’t as well. The dad foreshadowed his career in a bad light. The guys just a total bell end.

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Rain started simultaneously with timed qualifying. Experienced riders got their fast laps in early, and two riders from the earlier 250B group scored top 5 qualifying times.

Clinton Fowler did a sebment on how Kenny, Chase and Eli have the skills to do well in the mud. I know Justin won in the mud last year, but he knocked down Chase to pass him. He qualified 12th today.

Senna likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Not pumped for another mudder.

skidooboy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

I think the rain is basically done by 5 out there so at least it won’t get much worse.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah I was just reading that. Might be okay. I just don't want a repeat of SF.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It will be more of a mud race rather than a shit soup race, so it should be entertaining.

Once a Wanker.. and PatricksDad like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

I forgot to mention they cancelled the second time qualifying sessions.

Just saw the revised forecast, and now a break in the rain from 5 to 8:00, or so.
    Should make for an interesting night of racing.

9. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

10. Once a Wanker..

Will be interesting to see what DurtWorks can do to get the track ‘race-able’ tonight. They’ve had about an hour since the rain stopped now.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The track got better throughout the heats, it's looking to be even better for the main after they get a bit more work in on it.

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That was some good racing. Lots of little mistakes that impacted some top riders, but some good racing in both mains.

13. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

What the heck happened between 18 & 21? I'd lose it if someone grabbed my helmet.

Once a Wanker.. and TLR67 like this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that too… 21 getting grumpy

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

During the main, Jett really had to work to get around Anderson. Guessing it started with Jett yelling you are holding me up, costing me points, and money, do you know who I am... Finished with Anderson telling the kid, if you are that fast, find a way around me, I'm on the lead lap, it is every man for himself. Welcome to the premier class, and the big boys, junior. Jett did finally block pass him and got around him which, I am guessing Anderson knew was coming but, the ego's there just cant take it.

And before anyone says anything about Sexton blocking Webb so, Plessinger could win... You better go back and look at the tape, where a few laps before, Aaron passed (Lapped) Tomac, then Tomac went by his pit board, and then all of a sudden Eli, found some speed and "wanted to get his lap back". Trying the exact same thing, get in Aaron's head, get him to ride defensively or make a mistake, to slow him enough, so Webb could make up some time. That is team riding, orders, and communication.

Was a better race than the week before but, still dont like wet races. Ski

ToofPic, Senna, spoon32 and 1 other person like this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

After the "conversation" between Lawrence and Anderson, Anderson started to ride off and Jett grabbed/hit his shoulder.
    Anyone that has seen five minutes of Jason over the last ten years knows you don't try getting physical with him.
    So Jason grabbed Jett's helmet and gave him an introduction to his hospitality.

ToofPic, Letitsnow and evakat like this.
  17. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’m not so sure young Jett ought to be yelling at Mr. Anderson about how he was entitled to pass him. That might have consequences later, given the parties involved. And after all, when you are stuck midpack you’ve got to race hard for every position, nobody cares about your donut sales and your golden boy status.

brex likes this.
  18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Watch it again, Jett grabs Jason's helmet, prior to the jersey grab. Big NO NO, on personal space utilization, with Anderson. Ski

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

ToofPic and skidooboy like this.
  20. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

maybe not 'red' mist but 'mud' mist going around!
    Good story lines moving forward!
    Webbs even a little miffed at Tomac for 'racing' him, while even being a lap down.

Wish MotoAm had a little more drama between the guys!