1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Whats Kick?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A streaming company.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

That name isn’t far off some of the WERA bios people post. Listing every equipment brand they may use in that off chance there is some contingency money.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Guenther Steiner out at Haaaaaaasssss as Team Prinicple.

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

WOW
    Gene Haas made the announcement Wednesday and said director of engineering Ayao Komatsu, who started with Haas as chief race engineer in its 2016 debut season, will now oversee the competition elements as team principal.

Haas said Komatsu will be responsible for overall strategy and on-track performance. Haas also plans to hire a European-based chief operating officer to manage non-competition matters from the team factory in Banbury, England.

Haas in a statement thanked Steiner “for all his hard work over the past decade” but was short of praise for the man who built the Haas F1 team.

“Moving forward as an organization it was clear we need to improve our on-track performances. In appointing Ayao Komatsu as team principal we fundamentally have engineering at the heart of our management," Haas said.

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Guenther was handcuffed by ownership, but he also didn't accomplish much outside of DTS sound bites.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just saw the Steiner “announcement” over at crash. Sweet black baby Jesus on a pogo stick! :eek:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He will land another good job in F1.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Shocker! I like the guy, but didn't like the way Mick was handled. He's a great personality, so hope he lands on his feet elsewhere in the paddock so I can see him on DTS in the future.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mick didn’t step up and tore shit up. See ya’, there’s always Indy cars.

CBRRRRR999, ungwaha and rd400racer like this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know it probably bores most people, but the first Formula E race is on today. Hey, it's racing.

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Nothing like the hummmmmm of electric motors to get the blood flowing! :confused:

rd400racer likes this.
  14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'd rather watch a tumbleweed race.

crashman and rd400racer like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I really tried to like it. I hung on for the first three seasons.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, way out of touch on F1. Didn’t know until today that Mick Doohan’s son was in F2 and a reserve driver for Alpine.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He's done a few FP sessions in an F1 car last year.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He is as easygoing as his father in the car. His radio communications are entertaining. Very friendly racer. :D

motion and mike w like this.
  20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

He gave me a better reason to make sure I catch the F2 races the last couple of seasons.