1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have 6 Himalayans available for Hooligans, if anyone wants to join the team. I'll provide the bikes for free even. @Boman Forklift doesn't want to race though.

backbone and 27 like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Think about it this way, for the rock bottom bargain price of around a quarter of a million for a moto2 ride, Tito Rabat landed some hotties.

so, why? To land chicks! Cheaper than Vegas hookers and depending on the team, the blow is free.

But @Steeltoe still couldnt get laid. Shit he couldn’t get laid in a morgue.

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you took that wrong or I took your response wrong…

So to be sure….

I think your Indy adventure is one of the coolest stories of our sport… I think that’s what it’s all about… a lifetime of competition and camaraderie… you racing the same time and track as Rossi… that’s why I made sure you got that team shirt from the wild card there…

So not shit my ass… it was cool!.. and I never got to race there so I’m truly jealous too:bow:… I’m sure we saw each other that day as I was on that grid and in the HD pits a bunch… yet we’ve still not met… someday… :beer:

motion likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm just doing fake humble... I know it was cool as hell! Tire test weekend before... listening to the 2 'Merican CRT bikes build speed behind me on the straight and go by at +60MPH. Unbelievable.

I know you guys give me a lot of shit about the Ex, but she was ALWAYS at the track with me, all over the country. Sleeping in the back of the pickup, tents, crappy hotels. She'd go tomorrow if I asked her to.

We'll meet up one of these days, Scotty :beer:

a.jpeg

b.jpeg

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There's also supposedly a single Aprilia Superbike coming, with a rider from somewhere in Europe. They are working on getting him premier entry status.

I think Disrupt is trying to switch to Honda.

koth442, Namarow and Badger911GT3 like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

alright dude @Boman Forklift
    The R in MT has thrown down the gauntlet to the R in CA…

I’ll crew chief for you guys…. Time to make the R&R team a go… and no excuses… you’ll fly in to run a clapped out moolie bike in BFIowa @Dave Wolfe land or one of those cornhole states so no excuses… :Poke:

hell with 6 of them we should put @Dave K on one and idk who else but bragging rights for the RE win of the race within the race will be epic! :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Cool, glad you acknowledge your adventure for what it was…

I had to check because I’m really bad about not feeling any sense of accomplishments…

for sure we’ll get together someday….

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m done done, unless it’s dirt track. I think I have one more fight in me in the local singles. :crackup:

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

it’s a RE man… they’re made for the dirt…. :D they have flat track tires on them already :crackup:

we need to do it at a track that the BTR girls are running too so we can forever tease anyone slower than the girls on the same bikes :p

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Himalayians?

The kart track at Road America would be your best venue :crackup:

11. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

“casual” soccer player is buying a ball and maybe a $80 pair of cleats

“casual” motorcycle racer still needs most the stuff a serious racer needs

12. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Yes new gossip!!! That sounds really cool too.

koth442 likes this.
  13. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Full time Motoamerica Superbikes 24
    1 Tytlers Beaubier? BMW
    2 Tytlers Beach? BMW
    3 Fresh& Lean Gagne Yamaha
    4 Fresh& Lean Petersen? Yamaha
    5 M4 Escalante? Suzuki
    6 M4 Paasch? Suzuki
    7 TOPPRO SDK BMW
    8 TOPPRO Arrango BMW
    9 AusieDave Fong? Yamaha
    10 Disrupt Gillim? Honda?
    11 TWPS Lamkin BMW
    12 Warhorse Herrin? Ducati
    13 Thrashed Flinders Yamaha
    14 Scheibe Yates? BMW
    15 Team Rumoured UK ?
    16 TEAM Fores? ?
    17 BSR Smith? Yamaha
    18 Aprilia Team ? Aprilia

14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Never understood this. I've had both CC and debit cards hacked and used. Always got the money back.
    One case in point on the debit card was amazing to me. How the banks Al Gore rhythms didn't pick it up still slays me.
    While using my business debit card in Spain for purchases and cash withdrawals, someone was using a counterfeit card in Longbeach, California to hit ATMs everyday for cash withdrawals.
    The pulled out around $15,000 before the bank shut down the card.
    The bank never tried to dispute it. Replaced the money. No questions asked.

15. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

Yea I’m 32 but I will say most people I can really nerd out about bikes with are ATLEAST 10 years my senior. I don’t run into many racing enthusiasts otherwise.

AndrewG725 and Senna like this.
  16. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Dudes. Really? Supercross is big, NOT because of OEM money is invested in it, but because it is a popular sport that fans are only too willing to pay to watch. The OEMs just followed the crowds. Go to Anaheim 1, in 3 weeks, look up at the upper outfield grandstands, up at the top of the stands, clear to the end of the arena, they are filled with paying fans. They are selling out a big stadium. The OEMs don’t spend money to make this happen, they put their money where the fans choose to be. The fans vote with their feet, they go to what they spend $100 or more to go to because it’s a great show, and it’s the races they want to watch. How complicated is that?

AndrewG725, 27, E Reed and 1 other person like this.
  17. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I'm hearing rumors Loris Baz is looking to make a comeback. Maybe connected to the Aprilia ride?

Circacee and 418 like this.
  18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Just read on Facebook that Reuben Xaus is going to race in the bagger series. It was a nice looking RoadGlide-based racer. I mean, how expensive can those little saddlebags be?

AndrewG725 likes this.
  19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I've had my debit hacked to the tune of almost $4k, and bank would not cover it. Now my debit card is connected to an account that only has $500 in it, and I use my CC for pretty much everything. I literally go home and pay it right after I use it. CC has been hacked, and they've always covered it.

20. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I guess I've been lucky that it gets reimbursed. I wonder which is more common for debit cards. Covering or not covering?