1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your pronouns?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 7, 2023.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Whatever.

As long as you treat me decently, I'll call you whatever you want to be called.
    Approach me as if I'm a problem, and I surely will be one for you.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When we meet I’ll treat you the same way you’ve treated me over the years, monkey man.

Bring it in and (in the words of Buckwild), gimme some love.

No trotting around the locker room naked together, I’m still a bit puritan for that but if you want to, have all at it. :D

beac83 likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Approach me as if I’m compelled to bow to anyone’s demands and I too will be a problem.

Thats how this works.

aaronson and Dave Wolfe like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Should we meet I shall call you buddy, or pal,
    or chief, or skipper, whichever I'm in the mood for.
    Maybe even partner.

Waterboy and BrentA like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:
    dude my few balls just shriveled to raisins :Puke:

That’s an all new level of ghey there :moon:

:p

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I can see it if they’re talking about your wives… plural as you’re in Utah… :D but seriously… have you ever had to deal with this ridiculousness?

Steeltoe being East of the Appalachians in the arts/entertainment I see how some pretentious douches would come through his events but it’s never happened to me…

I love Utah and Idaho and all the places you can just be… that’s the impression I’ve had about the rural rustic remote west… hope it ever changes…. For all our sakes

brex likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ummmm yeah, our production team does this too. Luckily the new director doesn’t go along with this nonsense. But there’s some die hard idtios insistent on maintaining the mental defects……….you know…..for the aborted children’s safety

tl1098 and Steeltoe like this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Fuck them.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The irony of a political vegan/pronoun type whining about others is hilarious.

dave3593 likes this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Demons!

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If they nicely tell me what pronoun they would like, I am happy to use that pronoun for them. I see that no differently than someone named William but prefers being called Bill. If they get all huffy when I use the "wrong" pronoun off the bat, or I accidentally forget when I haven't seen or talked to them in over a year, that will just annoy me, and I will probably try to limit my interaction with them.

I have had people use my wife's last name for my last name, not knowing they are different. I have had folks add a letter to my last name changing the pronunciation. I don't get mad. Most of the time, I don't even bother correcting them. I know who they are talking about, and that is good enough for me.

dave3593 and Badger911GT3 like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

That’s cause you play checkers, not chess.

The scenario you describe here will never be on the Supreme Courts docket. The more this cancer spreads. The more we all lose.

Our society is a social contract. In a relatively short time that contract foundationally formed the most successful nation this planet has ever seen. There are many that want to attack it and break it down. Many that leave no legacy that will have to suffer the repercussions of their actions.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    britx303 likes this.
  13. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Good on ya! Those are all gender neutral pronouns.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

99.8% probability you made this up, with no data collected or analyzed whatsoever.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

And you are sitting at the wrong board. If you want this at the top of your list to worry about that is fine. I have about 100 other things that are messing up this country that are much more important than someone's pronoun. Disliking someone for what they want to be called just adds fuel to the fire that is dividing our nation. That is buying into what the foreign social media bots and power brokers want to do: divide us so they can control and conquer us. Focus on what really matters. We need to learn to disagree without the hate. If we don't, it won't end well.

cha0s#242, jdaniel, Jed and 6 others like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I miss the days when the useful idiots were actually useful.

R Acree, Spang308 and brex like this.
  18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Compelled speech isn't good for anyone, and those that advocate for it have no idea where it comes from.

beac83 and brex like this.
  19. StaccatoFan

You assume too much. I don’t have any hate or malice in n my position. I’m just exercising my same Right to my own boundaries. Attempting to compel my speech infringes on the Right. And again. You play checkers. You think there are much bigger problems. This is a cornerstone that holds everything up. At least it was the last time I went to the Archives and read those pieces of parchment.

But I do enjoy your assumption that an opposing opinion is hate. You perpetuate the stereotypes.

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

2blue yam aint seein the big picture. ...

StaccatoFan likes this.