1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two or three MotoGP rounds in the USA

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Bull&Bear

Bull&Bear Member

damn! That sucks! Right next to me so that’s an easy drive!

2. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I took the Penguin school there in 95. Loved that track but hated the drive since 3 out of the 4 weekends a year were on holidays. Traffic was insane!

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Bring them to Grattan! lol

How many bikes/riders would have to be scooped up off Lessiter Rd.?

03RumbleBee and Nick_OMC like this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

3 MotoGP rounds...let's give these boys a warm USA welcome:

-Grattan
    -Nelson Ledges
    -Summit Point

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

To touch on the spectacle that Motogp COULD be. My SIL is totally out of touch with racing and sports in general, but being in "corporate america", the F1 circus is becoming a big deal. She at least pays attention to it, because "everybody talks about it around the office". Back sometime in the summer we were over at the inlaws, and they were scrolling down the tv and I notice the Portimao round being replayed so I put it on. She was glued. "what IS this? I've never heard of it, etc" "this is WAY better than F1, etc" "why isn't this a huge deal" "is this what you used to do?" :D, yeah, I used to race and beat all those guys :D lol.

IMO the show is MUCH better than F1 (I might be slightly biased), and the NA market is huge and pretty much untapped. The racing, and the thrills and adventure are much higher than F1, as well as the racers themselves are more interesting. You can't tell me the biggest economy in the world can't find a way to tap into the huge potential that MotoGP is.

ducnut, tl1098, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Might as well bring them up here to run Shubie and Mosport also. Hell, throw in a round of shanny long track too for the hell of it.

Man I wish Mosport was FIM ceritfied :(

KneeDragger_c69 and cincigp like this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I heard they're buying Grattan and going to run CCW sprints.

03RumbleBee, 27, cpettit and 3 others like this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Rumor has it all MotoGP riders that fail to make it into Q2 at Nelson Ledges have to get swirly's in the shitters before the race.

Nick_OMC likes this.
  9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

now that it's repaved, maybe it's Mid Ohio?? :flag:

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Keyhole should pass the test

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

If they had to pick somewhere right now it seems like Indy is the only track that has the infrastructure that MotoGP needs.

ducnut, tl1098, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder why Daytona is never mentioned as a possible track for MotoGP? Too much banking?

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Daytona isn't a motorcycle track. It's a track that we race motorcycles at for some nostalgic reason, even though that's not the track from history. That track is on the beach.

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I have no doubts a well produced Netflix series would send MotoGP into the stratosphere of popularity in the U.S. just like it did for F1. NOBODY in the U.S. gave a rats ass about F1 before that documentary series. Nascrap dominated with little brother Indycar and even smaller piece of the pie Sportscars.

SteveThompson and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Never going to happen, sadly. MotoGP is dominated by Spanish and Italian riders with not great English. This was pretty evident with the Amazon series.

DtS did so well because most of the drivers speak English as their first language or have very good English. The teams are also predominately based in England with English-speaking team managers, etc.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

I think there is potential.

The product is great. The packaging, distribution and marketing of it suck.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Didn't Laguna Seca get re-paved? Should be a race there for sure.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

How many American drivers in F1?
    How many F1 teams are based in the U.S.?
    MotoGP riders speak English, just sound a little funny. They shoulda poosh for thee thee Netfleex show.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  19. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

shubi! lol...what a fun track though - they complain about their tracks being bumpy, lol.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Tires..

notbostrom likes this.