1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I knocked the end cap off a silencer (my first, don’t get pokey) and it’s going back to the manufacturer, in a different state. They say, once repaired, they’ll ship it right back to my front door with an adult signature.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The way I’ve always understood it, is if you are the owner, you may ship back and forth between manufacturer and yourself sans FFL. If it’s a repair/warranty work etc that you are wondering about, then the company you need to send the item to, will let you know. I know plenty of guys that had to send in to Ruger,S&W etc for work, and the companies emailed them shipping labels, then returned back right to their doors once the work was completed.

Photo likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Like most things related to laws+guns, the shipping question is....complicated. You've got Fed laws as well as each shipping carrier's regs. Sure, 99.99% of the time you can get away with just packing it up in discreet packaging and all is well. If you really want to cover your ass- here's a decent rundown:
    https://www.uslawshield.com/how-to-ship-a-firearm-is-it-legal/

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info guys!!

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

(b) Where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law, such as:

(i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector

(ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.”

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The FedEx part is interesting. My transaction using them to Langdon was just this past June.
    I guess I broke their rules. That makes me oh so sad.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This is my understanding after talking with Cajun Gun Works this week. I'm going to send a CZ 75 P01 to them for their Pro Package. If I like it, my Shadow 2's getting the treatment too.

britx303 likes this.
  8. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

Anyone ever done a 10/22 build? Wondering about gradually upgrading a factory rifle vs piecing an entire rifle together with higher quality aftermarket parts.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I've done both.
    I still have one built off a non-ruger receiver and one built off a Ruger receiver.
    Either method works just fine and can be addicting.
    You can even do a trigger job yourself on an OEM trigger pack, it's quite simple.

Photo likes this.
  10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Thinking of our recent discussion here and the chart that someone posted, saw this on my local board and had to share:
    [​IMG]

GixxerJohn011, Sabre699 and Jedb like this.
  11. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Tell me more about this trigger work...

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Curious as to what your looking to accomplish and what after market parts are you considering? Ive seen some Frankenstein 10/22 builds. They didnt resemble a 10/22 at all. The dudes I saw using drastically modded 10/22's were in a falling steel competition and they were finishing stages, sub 3 seconds! The aftermarket can be expensive. I was looking into a threaded barrel. I wasn't willing to pay that type of money for a .22 plinker but you may think otherwise.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

britx303 and IrocRob like this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Polishing the OEM sear and hammer can make a ton of difference. There are lots of YouTubes on how to do it, or for those that don't want to there are lots of aftermarket hammers, sears, springs, triggers, full packs, etc.

15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Those dudes and open guns at USPSA are doing their best to make motorcycles look affordable! I guess every sport has its unobtanium Factory Superbike levels.

StaccatoFan and speedluvn like this.
  16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

17. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I'm kinda looking at it as a precision hunter/plinker combo. Was watching a video where the guy did baseline groups with his stock rifle at 50 yards. It was throwing them all over with most of the ammo he tried. He put on a Kidd barrel and dropped it in a Magpul stock since the factory stock wouldn't fit the bull barrel. Instantly was doing groups where the holes were all touching, oftentimes putting three in the same hole. I'd probably go a similar route, although long term I could see having something where the only Ruger parts are magazines. Seems a lot of people wind up there once they start down the rabbit hole.
    I might be better off getting a nice CZ 457 and be satisfied with it completely stock. I'm not dead set on having a semi auto.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I will assume we are still talking a .22 rifle. Precision hunting 22? My 10/22 is accurate enough for my purposes. The only thing I wish i would have considered was threaded barrel.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll agree that a 10/22 will do for most .22 occasions, but man those CZ457's are beautiful rifles.