1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The only thing i would like to have seen on this safe is the middle vertical partition going all the way up and making it removable. I will probably add a center partition to extend to the top and use the other 1/2 shelf that I still have. Just a lot of dead space for my needs unless you have 20 long guns to store.

I have the long horizontal shelf about 8" from the top...Gonna use it for important docs n stuff.

gun safe 3.jpg

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The vertical partition is removeable, kind of makes the half width shelves useless but you CAN remove it.

For your needs TODAY - That'll change, and quite likely sooner rather than later.

3. gapman789

+1 on that....Probably just get another matching safe when the time comes. Easier to maneuver/move at least.

I want to leave the existing vertical partition in, and build my own partition to add to it so that it extends upwards to the horizontal shelf that I have about 8" from the top..

I'll have some long guns/rifles/shotguns soon enough so the left side is for them...Picking up an AR tomorrow that I ordered and will probably grab a shotgun while I'm there.

4. gapman789

britx303 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

gapman789 likes this.
  6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

gapman789 likes this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

So the range I go to when I’m working is a bit lacking in the rules department. I generally try to go in the middle of the day during the week and end up with the place to myself and I can do my best GG impersonation. This week against my better judgement I got new parts to try and went late in the day on Friday.

I quickly came to the realization that I need some sort of medical kit in my range bag, I believe the tacticoolest guys call it IFAK. What do you guys keep with you?

Statistics say you have a way better chance of using medical before a firearm so while we’re at it what about something to keep in the truck?
    Anybody do any medical training? I’m not looking to be an EMT but I don’t see much sense in having a kit of stuff if I don’t know what the hell to do with it.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Tampons to put in the bullet wounds.

britx303 likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Might have to explain what you did?

britx303 likes this.
  10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I keep a RATs tourniquet in my range bag and I have regular tourniquet attached to my backpack that usually goes with me. Within the last year I bought an IFAK from My Medic that I keep in my truck. It has a really good range of stuff.

My wife works medical so she has somehow always been interested in medical preparedness. She has a nice IFAK that is on her range belt as well as a nice IFAK in her car. She took the course from Sheepdog Response that is Combat medical or something like that. She really liked the course and said she learned alot. I'd like to take the course one of these days.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I went ahead and bought the 26 gun safe last night online because I figured it won't get any cheaper. I checked the TSC site this morning and it went up $50 to $499. Thanks for the heads up on that Gapman789

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I stopped at new gun store/ range this weekend. Think country club but for gun people. Sell memberships, have a members only restaurant, cigar lounge, 100 yard range and can rent full autos to shoot.

I picked up the Canik rival s and paired it with a Holsun 507 c . I almost grabbed the Shadow d920p. The only reason I didnt, it just felt extremely cheap. When sliding the slide back it dragged and made a metal to metal noise when bringing the slide back.
    Gonna have to do more reseach on those first.

13. britx303

Or maxi pads.Seriously. Quick track story: my first season racing we met up with a fellow FZR racer for a TD, to test out different setups etc between our bikes. He had a lowside and his elbow skin tore up pretty bad in his suit, and was pretty dang bloody. I, accompanied by a crew of females, had plenty of “pads” on hand. We “padded” him up good and he went on with the day…….periodic pad changes of course. What can I say………soaking up blood……it’s what they are engineered to do :D

14. britx303

We’ve got a place like this being built less than 5 minutes from my primary MD house. Indoor rifle lanes, pistol lanes and apparently indoor trap shooting. No idea if a gun shop is going in. Just in time for me to be moving soon :cool:

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

It was a cool place and something I would take advantage of if it wasnt an hr away. The other thing I liked is there is a full gun smith there that does coatings and stippling and other custom stuff in house. I wanted to do some things but never wanted to ship my guns to people out of state.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

All they had was the all black one.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

It isn’t one cool story just a culmination of WTF moments. The latest on Friday was a guy that showed up with something full auto and proceeded to unleash a string of fire that started hitting the dirt about 20’ in front of him and ended going over the probably 40’ tall berm 200 yards out. Then he turned around grinning ear to ear like he’d done something while he flagged everybody there. The two girls with them were shooting pistols. The closest target in the area was 50 yards. It’s west Texas desert so it’s easy to see the impact, 3 of the 5 that I watched her rattle off also cleared the berm.

Things definitely get a little Western there and IF there is a med kit at that range you probably have a better chance of dying from infection rather than improving your chances of survival.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    Razr likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I saw the silver one at a local shop. I passed on buying it. Way too shiny. Like a 57 Chevy chrome bumper. Now if that’s your thing. Cool. No my preference.

20. gapman789