1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC51

Discussion in 'General' started by 88/532, Oct 19, 2023.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Got a friend local to me ready to move his 01 RC51… building a house. Judging interest to see if he might list it here. He’s not a forum member currently. I’d park it in my shop tomorrow if I wasn’t so damned old.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

If it’s fairly clean and unmolested I’d say list it. The prices I’ve seen lately on that bike are just crazy.

3. 88/532

I told him to keep it. But…
    Jardine exhaust and a power commander. Stickers on the rims easily removed…

IMG_2085.jpeg

ToofPic likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If he signs up here, PM me his sign in name and I’ll hit rail it.

5. 88/532

Thanks, if he does. I’ll cover the cost.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea that rim tape needs to go. If he wants to bring it back to original, which most people prefer, that HRC and Woody stickers aren't stock either, those were on the 04 Nicky bike.
    Is that a dent in the tank?

7. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Those bikes got grossly over-glorified due to that one internet thing where the guy got clocked doing 207mph or some shit but turned out to be BS. But the beebs and boards back in the day went all nutty over it, and the ticket that was issued etc. so all of the sudden they were 'the fastest bike in the world' and the folklore began. Kind of like that one chick in high school that was called a 'slut' but turns out is was just rumors started by the 'jocks' or 'mean girls' and she was still in fact a virgin.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

bncadvr likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, what?! That story and anyone who took it seriously were mocked mercilessly here for years. Right from the beginning. Where did you get your facts from?

cha0s#242, cgordon3, G2G and 5 others like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I remember all that and nobody on here believed it for a second.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Needs a pic with someone doing a rollie @205.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sounds like he got it straight from the MN State Patrol pilot with the Parkinson’s thumb on the stopwatch that “clocked” Tilley…

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As a former owner the only way that thing ever hits 205 is to drop it from outer space and even then it will struggle.

03RumbleBee and ToofPic like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

205 mph? Now I want an RC51!

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tree fitty

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I remember channel 5 eyewitness news in Atlanta did a "undercover" Mountain Hooligans special years ago.
    The dickhead news team even brought a radar gun.They "clocked" a guy running over 180 mph going up the mountain.:rolleyes:o_O
    Then the special ended with me riding by 0n my 2005 cbr600 binging it while he was trying to talk into the camera.
    FAKE NEWS!! Buncha twats ..so yeah I could see an RC going well over 200 mph!! :)

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've been waiting for it, 'toe.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

So wait, they really won’t do 205?Man am I glad you cleared that up.

I don’t give a shit if it will only do 105…I still REALLY want one. When I started riding I had some money saved and I was either going to turbo my Civic or buy a bike. I saw a friend on an RC take a corner what I thought was dragging elbow then jack up a wheelie. Cars became transportation only in that instant and I’ve wanted an RC ever since.

19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I don't understand people getting all excited over the rc51

All it is, is a slow overweight buckboard, that sounds good.

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Ive never been nutz about them either,but I get it! Ive always wanted an RC30,but its over priced,not practical.
    I would also kick my mom down a flight of stairs to score one.You'll understand one day when you get older son..
    Its all nostalgia