1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robotic mower experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 13, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Looks like the more spendy model ($5900) does pattern mowing. https://www.husqvarna.com/us/robotic-lawn-mowers/automower-450x-epos/

Might be a workable solutions... I'll have to watch the youtube reviews.

Thanks!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gated communities always get charged more for services.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think he might be able to see the water from his new place? His old place was close enough to smell the water.

I live about 12 miles inland from Laguna Beach, in Mission Viejo, which is a nice family area to raise kids. Now that the kids are gone, I should go get close to the water.:crackup:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    ducnut likes this.
  4. auminer

:beer:

Here's a satellite view with the width of the yard. It's waaaay smaller than what your folks have going on.

144' by about 30 is right at 1/10 of an acre. I don't think you want to buy a fleet of these things!!

[​IMG]

5. auminer

I know... remember I PMd you and chewed yer ass for oversharing too much info about your Flower Mound house, which anyone with a stalker mind can use Denton County tax website to get your current address.

I think there's probably enough info in the stuff I've posted here for someone with a mind to do it to find me, but I try and keep that to a minimum. The interweb, especially government tax records being publicly accessible, makes it WAY too easy to stalk people!

Someone on here posted pics of their bike with the exif data intact. Turn geolocation off on your phone's camera if you haven't already, folks. Most image hosts delete it, but some don't.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I still can't think of one good reason why I wouldn't want people to know my address. To steal my bikes? The Porsche? They ain't getting very far with those things around here. Not sure why anyone would want to stalk me, either.

SuddenBraking and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The $5900 one is supposed to do up to 2.5 acres.

8. Boman Forklift

That’s how I look at it to, but maybe I am too naive. Now @auminer dont go do it to prove a point.

Just like people who hide their license plate in for sale ads. Maybe there is a good reason, but it isn’t hidden when I drive it, so if someone wants to steal it, they can surely follow me, or snap a picture of my plate.

Im also not as sophisticated as @auminer to figure out the stuff like he does from geo tags, etc. I should probably learn that. I guess I need to google how to turn off the info in my camera shots?

ducnut and motion like this.
  9. auminer

Ain't no way no how I'm stealing a damn thing from a Russian woman! :eek:

:D

YamahaRick, Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Especially her virginity.

11. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Can see it from roof. But I’m the first neighborhood of PCH. Smell the ocean every morning when I wake up and night with windows open and going to bed.

lot is 1/2 size of yours. Only downfall here.

Boman Forklift and ducnut like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

That’s so freaking awesome!!!!

I’m really happy for you and your family Jason. What a great lifelong dream to accomplish!!! And you are still young!!!

Ya know, I wanted a big lot because I thought the kids would play on it often, Dom was 6 months old and my wife was pregnant with Tyler when we bought it.

Reality is, they played in the cul-de-sac most of the time, which is exactly what the real estate agent told me they would do. They only used the yard to play on the trampoline.

Knowing what I know now, I would get the smaller lot. I liked the staircase of the house next to ours better, but we chose ours, because of the large lot.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If I could afford a big house I would want a big yard to
    separate me from the neighbors (although actually I
    wouldn't want the headache). My brother's house is
    absolutely enormous and it's right on top of his neighbor's
    equally enormous houses. No privacy at all. I don't get it.

14. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

This just came up in conversation with a buddy of mine who sells outdoor power equipment.

He said here in Iowa the problem is that the freeze/thaw moves the ground too much, breaks the buried wires and whatnot.

He said they are working on a GPS-based ap that will let you set the property boundaries that way.

15. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

yep. Our new place is on a culdesac. No school or park in neighborhood so no traffic at all. Kids on bikes constantly out front and playing with neighbor kids. They use backyard quite a bit but mainly in the pool or Kai is digging in the planters. Haha.

we are pretty lucky. I will totally admit that.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. auminer

I've been scratching my head watching these two monstrosities being built right on top of one another.

[​IMG]

Land around there can be had 30-50k per acre, and there's lots of it. I just don't get it either.

[​IMG]

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Always baffled me that even in the more rural areas houses are built right next to the road on a deep 5 acre lot. I'd pay the extra dough to get the long driveway and utilities to the back of the lot...preferably behind a wall of foliage.

18. auminer

These are at least kinda back a little, but they SHARE a 5 acre lot. :confused:

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Family compound?

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

even more reason to space them out!