1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down 53 lbs

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Sep 13, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah. I am so zen regarding that person and the perpetual bullshit she pulls.

I’ve also put 15# on since the injury which isn’t helping things.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I hear you thanks, says the guy that is participating in the most dangerous sport/hobby in the world on a pro club level where any giving weekend you could be seriously injured or die. I'll take my blood pressure medicine preferably with red bull, the . guess they are working, still alive,doctor gave me 2 prescriptions

Gino230 likes this.
  3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Drinking affects your BP big time. I drink all the time, without meds I was up to 160/100. Didn’t drink for a couple weeks and it went down to normal levels. I’m 6’0 185 but my cholesterol and BP are off the charts without drugs because of diet and alcohol. Obviously it would be better to fix those things, but drugs brought the numbers down considerably.

4. Captain Morgan

Gino, you actually live, fly airplanes, race baddass motorcycles, a cool life in SoFL and when al else fails go back to the trusty old r6.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Yeah it was bad, don't do numbers, but had to get my 5 year captains license medical evaluation which is usually dummy proof pay someone and get your slip. Had two machines they thought were broken, then realized my pressure was real, turned off then light, and laid back for 15 minutes and just barely made the requirement

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

For the guys taking the weight loss shots or crash dieting- take as much omega 3 fish oil as you can. 3-4 grams a day. Has shown to cut muscle loss in half. Check Dr. Rhonda Patrick’s website about this. Will help in the long run when you want to make sure you have muscle on your frame for general health and longevity.

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I tried the fish oil thing, but honestly you just need good fats. I use Avocado, oil-vinagarette dressing, even a little mayonaise ocasionally. I find thats easier then taking the fish oil.

This was 240 down to 178. 2 years later, I am at 195, doing the same diet to get back to 185 before race season starts next month. You WILL lose muscle/strength. But its a trade off to cut the weight. I will be 50 in six months.

http://over150mph.com/images/ADFB8500.JPG
    [​IMG]

Gino230 likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

LOL, there is no magic, food solution, vitamin. Keep searching for it, there will be a new one every week until you die the same way as people dying for thousands of years

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There's no magic but you can make a little effort to do the right things and try to get a few more healthy years out of it.

10. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Good job Gary!

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. Captain Morgan

True, its good to try and live healthy, As of now,tacos, espresso, rum, redbull, and a tanned Brazilin girl on a beach

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pretty healthy in my book. :beer:

13. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Keep those numbers right by whatever method works for you. Circa 2003 I was still actively racing offroad and MX, training constantly, eating right, and working a labor intensive job. I weighed in at around 205. BP was a bit high but I ignored it since I was having no noticeable issues and was in way better shape than most guys my age.
    By late 2006 I tipped the scales at around 325, and was in severe renal failure. This was due to several factors including a change in activity, and a history of dehydration and Ibuprofin abuse along with bad genes passed down from my family. By 2007 I was diagnosed as type 2 diabeetus and by 2010 insulin dependent. 2016 placed on Kidney transplant list, 2018 PD Dialysis. I received a transplant in late 2021 but by that time the damage was done.

Earlier this year I lost my right foot just below the knee due to complications from damage done to my vascular system mainly in my feet and lower legs as well as the Diabetes. I will likely lose the other one within the next 5-7 years. Upside is I now only weigh 205. Its just spread around my frame a little difference.

How would things have been different if I had treated the hypertension when it first started to show up in the late 90's? who knows. I might have avoided a lot of the above, hell I might have a little more incentive to improve my retirement savings. At this point I likely won't need it.

I'm only 54 years old.

14. Captain Morgan

Should of would have could have, every one in your situation asks the same question. Time doesn't judge, it always moves forward

bpro likes this.
  15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Absolutely agree, I have few regrets and at peace with everything. Considering the nature of this topic I just wanted to give a worst case scenario to those who may be able to use it to make better decisions than I did. I'm not a quitter. I pick up my prosthetic next week and making plans for a trip south in late october with the bike. Handicap tags already picked up and installed. Luckily The leg I lost is my right, and who really needs a rear brake anyway.

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sign me up for that "fad diet"

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, you seem to have accepted being a stern warning. I wasn't sure if I should post this, but, you have a golden opportunity here.

Though I can see there being an infection risk getting a tat in your case.

[​IMG]

Shenanigans and bpro like this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Atta boy...

Boman Forklift and bpro like this.
  19. Captain Morgan

Nice, didn't mean any disrespect to any one and you are a person where life happens and you make the best of it. We are not getting younger,, somethings got to give, eventually, just not now, cooking a wagyu tri tip, just want to live long enough to taste this steak but will only be in little bites after my Dominican republic dental service

bpro likes this.
  20. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

welcome to my world. About a month ago went out to get a patient to take him to pre-op. Went to the waiting room and called his name. A gentleman sitting just to my left said, “right here!” He was holding a Bojangle’s chicken biscuit in his right hand. Half of it was missing. I said, “did you just eat a Bojangle’s biscuit”? “Well, only half of it, but yeah.” Called the surgeon and said no way is this guy getting anesthesia today. Surgeon was pissed. Surgeon came out and offered the guy a choice: cancel surgery or sit there ALL day and not eat and he’d get his surgery at the end of the day. Guy chose to sit and wait. I had a nursing assistant keep an eye on him all day to make sure he didn’t cheat. Dumbass.