1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Aug 1, 2023.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

makes sense.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Probably because they would need to to restructure their entire power grid and honestly, the majority of people who need it, bring power to the track.

3. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

This is why we can't have nice things...

YamahaRick and No Brakes like this.
  4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

hey now, i bring an ice maker for my pit. if that's not fancy, then i'm doing it wrong.

t11ravis likes this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Is that sort of like when the *redacted* of the *redacted* gets caught doing *redacted*, but nothing happens because it's just currently not actively being enforced?

brex likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I remember people climbing the telephone poles when we pitted on the outside.. Also I remember Metalhead installing a breaker standing in a puddle of water.. I rewarded him with a Jalapeno Sammich..

Phl218, No Brakes, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Your priorities are 100% in line with ours. :beer:

DBConz likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So his reward was having his asshole set on fire?

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

He's a big fan of that, so for him, it was a treat.

10. Critter

Critter Registered

My advice is if stick says it's sketchy than I would avoid it.....I have known him for 23 years and he will do ALL KINDS OF STUPID just to save a penny on gas....

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. Critter

Critter Registered

Oh and you know I am right my man.....LOL

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I can't deny any of that.

13. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I’ve done it many times (still keep a set of breakers in my trailer) but stopped after having two issues, not including the obvious sketchiness of wiring into a live panel:

Power was off right before practice and tires were cold. Checked power and my breaker was partially pulled off the bar. Looked like someone who connected their breaker near mine managed to pop mine off the hot bar while they were connecting their wires I guess.

During a race afternoon someone unplugged my extension cord from my breaker pigtail to connect their own splitter. Apparently they thought my breaker pigtail was part of RA’s setup? It reset my AC without me knowing for a little while, and at Cycle Jam heat wave it took forever for the trailer to get back down from oven temps.

So now I just bring my generator.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Thought it was broke?? Lol

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

new one arrived at home while we were at Barber. :beer:

Rugbydad likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, that’d learn me real quick like.

Out here you had to have generators. Only one track had power for everyone and California Speedway is shut down for that now. They are supposedly putting in a new short track using part of the old configuration and eliminating the road course.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds about right :crackup:

18. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Electricity and I get along about like oil and water, so I would just run my loud azz genny. If non-HVAC trailer camping, genny during the day and eve until light/fan was no longer needed. If HVAC trailer camping genny all night!! At least I would make a "sound barrier" barrier with one of my folding tables to subdue some of the noise to the paddock... :D

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Get @Metalhead to do it, barefoot, in the rain

He done it before and is still alive

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I hooked up 5 people that day. Yes I was standing in 4 inches of water on the last one. But I had had 5 beers. It was the 3rd one that popped me. Lost feeling in my right forearm for like 30 minutes.

Phl218, ToofPic and TLR67 like this.