hating the new motogp site

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Aug 5, 2023.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I went to log in to no spoiler and got the beta site. What a train wreck. Hard to navigate and a total mess. Hope they revert.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i can get on the new site on my laptop and was able to log in, but on my smart TV i can't log in.. can't see any video, and it keeps telling me to "delete cookies and cache" . no idea why i can't view any vid on my tv. i found the setting to delete cookies but don't see one to delete cache, but why can't i find where i log in ? was no issue before. unreal.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Definitely a learning curve.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sounds like they didn’t put any airfence out…

Namarow likes this.
  5. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Opened the updated app on android to watch the sprint race first thing I got was a spoiler on the front page.

Namarow likes this.
  6. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I use an older iPhone connected to my TV. Had to update the iOS to get it working, then immediately saw a spoiler.

7. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

why change things when it's not broke.dang

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

This was done deliberately by Dorna to distract from the Marquez hate on the beeb.

9. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

I don't use the website, but the new app sucks even more on the old one. Trying to navigate to the races with one eye closed and a hand covering part of the screen to avoid spoilers.

You would think they could pay some teenager to do a better job.

10. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

The app has a feature to make the Videopass page the default. From what I can tell, there are no spoilers on that Videopass page.

sheepofblue and bncadvr like this.
  11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, designers can't leave well enough alone. I use the Roku App and I don't have spoilers there, but still don't like the difficulty now in finding stuff, like vintage races. I'd say the organization level has actually decreased. Race stuff seems "thrown into a bucket". I'm sure it generates more clicks for them and helps them in some way, but customers, not so much. Overall, I don't really think it is an improvement.

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Train wreck sums it up nicely. I was cursing up a storm over them pointlessly changing shit for the worse,
    but I suppose I will get used to it right about the time that they change it all again and make it worse yet... :crackup:

cbush likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'm not tech savvy, can i get the ap on my smart TV and will that work? that or i'm gonna have to go back to plugging my laptop into the TV so i can watch the races on the bigger screen. i can get WSBK, MA, motocross, etc. no problem, but this new motogp website isn't allowing me to see the actual races on the tv.

14. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

First the theme song, now this? Mfr’s.

23103a likes this.
  15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I rate it a total first turn pile up!!!! :Puke:

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there was a bunch of cookie talk on the account screen... not a fan

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

it was nice being able to see local time vs my time easily....

18. BG1

BG1 Well-Known Member

It’s absolutely terrible. Clearly none of the developers or product managers actually use the app as a fan.

19. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am not a fan as well. while i could find what i wanted, it wasnt as easy as it should be for sure.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So i'm able to hear the video now during the 'riders fan parade' but no video on my iphone....?
    Turned iphone off/on several times and still get the same audio w/o video.

Edit: working now after 3 reboots.