1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hating the new motogp site

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Aug 5, 2023.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I went to log in to no spoiler and got the beta site. What a train wreck. Hard to navigate and a total mess. Hope they revert.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i can get on the new site on my laptop and was able to log in, but on my smart TV i can't log in.. can't see any video, and it keeps telling me to "delete cookies and cache" . no idea why i can't view any vid on my tv. i found the setting to delete cookies but don't see one to delete cache, but why can't i find where i log in ? was no issue before. unreal.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Definitely a learning curve.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sounds like they didn’t put any airfence out…

Namarow likes this.
  5. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Opened the updated app on android to watch the sprint race first thing I got was a spoiler on the front page.

Namarow likes this.
  6. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I use an older iPhone connected to my TV. Had to update the iOS to get it working, then immediately saw a spoiler.

7. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

why change things when it's not broke.dang

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

This was done deliberately by Dorna to distract from the Marquez hate on the beeb.

9. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

I don't use the website, but the new app sucks even more on the old one. Trying to navigate to the races with one eye closed and a hand covering part of the screen to avoid spoilers.

You would think they could pay some teenager to do a better job.

10. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

The app has a feature to make the Videopass page the default. From what I can tell, there are no spoilers on that Videopass page.

sheepofblue and bncadvr like this.
  11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, designers can't leave well enough alone. I use the Roku App and I don't have spoilers there, but still don't like the difficulty now in finding stuff, like vintage races. I'd say the organization level has actually decreased. Race stuff seems "thrown into a bucket". I'm sure it generates more clicks for them and helps them in some way, but customers, not so much. Overall, I don't really think it is an improvement.

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Train wreck sums it up nicely. I was cursing up a storm over them pointlessly changing shit for the worse,
    but I suppose I will get used to it right about the time that they change it all again and make it worse yet... :crackup:

cbush likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'm not tech savvy, can i get the ap on my smart TV and will that work? that or i'm gonna have to go back to plugging my laptop into the TV so i can watch the races on the bigger screen. i can get WSBK, MA, motocross, etc. no problem, but this new motogp website isn't allowing me to see the actual races on the tv.

14. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

First the theme song, now this? Mfr’s.

23103a likes this.
  15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I rate it a total first turn pile up!!!! :Puke:

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there was a bunch of cookie talk on the account screen... not a fan

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

it was nice being able to see local time vs my time easily....

18. BG1

BG1 Well-Known Member

It’s absolutely terrible. Clearly none of the developers or product managers actually use the app as a fan.

19. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am not a fan as well. while i could find what i wanted, it wasnt as easy as it should be for sure.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So i'm able to hear the video now during the 'riders fan parade' but no video on my iphone....?
    Turned iphone off/on several times and still get the same audio w/o video.

Edit: working now after 3 reboots.