1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle guys Gdawg bike shop question

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

My road bike is now a Salsa Bucksaw. I use a bar end mirror and only ride on roads with ditches. When a car is coming up behind me, I go off road (getting the f out of the way) until the car is past.

I used to ride road bicycles and thought that I deserved to be in the way. Then I lost my cushy job and had to work 50+ hrs a week driving a delivery van in a major city. That will show you just how fucking retarded and irritating most road cyclists are.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I admit a bit of an overreaction on my part and I do get what you're saying. We remember the people who do the stupid stuff more than the ones who do the right thing without scaring (or annoying) the crap out of us.
    As a friend of mine used to say: "All generalizations are bad."

auminer and ChemGuy like this.
  3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I really enjoy racing crits and GC road races. But I hate riding on the road. Hate it, and the prospect of handing over responsibility for my life to random drivers, nfw. So for me it's training on zwift, commuting on a bike path and racing on a closed course.

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Funny you mention crits. One of the first crits I raced in was near Hamtramck MI, and the first lap a dude swings wide to pass the pack around a corner and runs straight into a parked car.:confused:
    I loved road races and hated all the speed up and slow down of the crits.

Attached Files:

RichB likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hell yea!!!

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've also sworn a lot when I was riding off road...

pfhenry, brex and fastfreddie like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I last felt safe (enough) on a road bike around 1991. Having just posted that, with perspective on my previous post, it dawns on me that my first handgun is a Colt 1991.
    Hmmm. :D

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I used to group ride when I lived in the sticks south of Atlanta. When I moved into the midst of Buckhead I did a few of the local group rides. Eff that noise. Share the road goes both ways. That group blew stop signs and would ride two abreast uphill with nobody in the bike lane. Stop light? We'll go ahead and filter to the front as a group and make all the cars that just waited way too long to safely pass do it again.

Eff that noise. Single it up unless there is real need to ride double. Use the shitty bike lanes as much as possible. Don't filter at lights. And respect the fucking stop signs.

Plus, stopping and the accelerating is a better workout even if it brings down your average speed and you don't PR that Strava segment someone made.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Harrumph!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

easier possible option is a co2 cartridge and small thread on inflator .. way easier than carrying a pump in most cases.

G Dawg likes this.
  12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That what I have in my kit .

Once a Wanker.. and MELK-MAN like this.