1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

he didn’t podium, no interview

Boom likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I thought Herrin tried to stay in it despite almost heading off track at 190, then just couldn't do anything with the bike where he was on track. When he got to 10a, anything else he'd have done would have wiped out bikes. Somehow running straight didn't.

MrGooch likes this.
  4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Re-watching that, Herrin's dive bomb looks even worse.

On the flip side, giving him huge credit, he did something Petrucci couldn't do all year with the same bike. He stayed with and raced against Gagne, which Petruxx was never close to doing. If he keeps his head, he we be in the mix all year.

5. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

I assumed by the comments here that herrin had some post race comments that I missed.

Rode his ass off for sure.

His turn 10 bomb move was sketchy as hell Glad everyone made it through.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

There were no good video replays about whatever happened between Josh and Cameron in the kink of the long straight on the final lap. It was a weird deal, 180 mph collisions gives you wings (or taketh wings away).

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well that was a pretty damn impressive MA weekend of racing and I will admit - I was pleasantly surprised by the pace and results of:

CB6 - talent and experience is undeniable but to have that Beemer up at the pointy end from the get go - awesome!
    JH2 - not a fan of him personally but credit where it's due, great overall pace and a pretty much mistake free ride in race 2.
    Xavi - never dreamed after Daytona and this weekends qualifying that he'd be so strong.
    Ezra B - kudos, GM99 is no slouch there so to beat him twice - well done!
    KDK - first year on the big bikes and to dice it up at the front and be almost mistake free - well done Kaleb.

Nathey, Gino230, cbush and 3 others like this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Bagger wheelie at the checkers was pretty cool

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Haha and everybody said gane and attack was going to stomp the field.

awesome race.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Josh posted this in the youtube comments.

Attached Files:

kirk erlinger, lopitt85, cBJr and 6 others like this.
  11. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So, is JH V4R last year's bike that Petrucci rode or the new 2023 version?

12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

It's a factory spec 2023.

13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Contrary to what most of this forum thinks I don't blame him at all for that. He got pushed way of line and likely was doing everything he could just to get it slowed down. The hate boner for JH2 is insane here.

14. Used2befast

Yea, their website doesn't indicate that but it wouldn't surprise me considering that bike had top speed honors.

15. Used2befast

I will say this...Jake and Matt would not put others at risk to win. I don't feel the same with JH2. imo

MELK-MAN, Nathey, TLR67 and 3 others like this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They mentioned yesterday that it was a new bike they just got a couple weeks ago

17. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Cam said he pushed the front in the kink which caused the contact. The missing front wing and brake pistons pushed out on Herrin’s Duc likely caused him to go in way too deep. Glad he didn’t lose it in the kink or Marquez->Oliviera anyone in 10a.

I agree with Rog, best SBK race I can think of!

Nathey and malik ross like this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Rocco was a joy to work with this weekend. His desire to go fast and win is unreal, and his positive attitude was uplifting to all on the team. Obviously he was very disappointed when we suffered a mechanical, and as a team we don't have a problem with a rider that wears his heart on his sleeve. Not long after the race as the team was repairing the bike, Rocco picked right back up with his positive attitude and hung out into the evening as we wrapped things up. The entire weekend he was continuously thanking everyone on the team for putting in the work. Hopefully we can continue to work with him.

19. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I wish Josh would come on here and put all the haters in there place.... He is a member of the board still. I dont agree with the posting of the wheelies and hooligan shit on the street but he can ride the piss outta anything. Was a great race!.... by everyone.

Well, except On-Jelly..... If you would have drank at every drag race reference you would have been dead compared to Robbie's reference of MX where you would be mildly drunk. I will want them to hire DaveK for reporting. We would all be glued to the monitor waiting on the comedic reference with no care for political correctness

20. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

not sure if his Yamaha tie was severed with him jumping on the priller but was hoping they might throw sone funding to Gene and put him in the 2nd bike James ride a few times

Namarow likes this.