1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2023-2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Doesn't appear there's any suckers interested from what I've seen. Seems nobody's interested in a qb that can't throw, depends on running and has gotten hurt and not finished the last 2 seasons and wants a fully guaranteed contract. Imagine that.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's all semantics . No one but the Jet's are showing their hands yet.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rodgers to the Jets......soon.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Go birds.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yes

dtalbott likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

With as much animosity as there was between him and Farve, I find it hard to believe that he would follow in farve’s footsteps and play for the jets

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Being a Ravens fan/season ticket holder, and watching the nonsense happen over the last couple years, I'm seriously going to put a lot of this on Harbaugh and Greg Roman.

All they did was dust off Roman's Colin Kaepernik playbook when they went with LaMar as the starter. And Harbaugh got Coach of the Year for that nonsense.

Can't Throw? He did pretty good in Louisville from my understanding...but in the NFL, an "open" receiver is often threading a needle compared to "open" in the college game.
    (I don't follow college football at all, but a Heisman winner cannot be a slouch).

Look at how your Josh Allen has evolved since his first year. I'm sure Buffalo had a QB coach working with him on read progressions, throwing lanes, set a 2.5 second timer in Allen's head to get rid of the ball and not go school yard, and mechanics. Same with Burrow who is crazy good now.

Roman's lack of a clue in the passing game may have jeopardized Jackson's career potential. Mahomes, Hurts, Allen and Burrow all take hits, but not sure they take as many as LaMar.
    Honestly, Hurts may have a "shelf life" too. He's a frequent runner.

I also think they completely wasted Miles Boykin. I mean Chase Claypool's team mate at Notre Dame (from my understanding)? He's like 6'4" 220 pounds and runs like a 4.5 40. Brashard Perriman, first round pick by the Ravens...cannot catch a cold in Baltimore. Goes to Cleveland of all places and comes back and burns the Ravens with his hands. Ends up in Tampa catching passes from Brady. Was the Baltimore receivers coach taking a siesta every day at practice?

I've said it before, I met LaMar after his very first training camp practice. He's a good guy and it's hard not to like him as a person if you meet him. But, he's not finished the last two seasons due to injury. He wants Mahomes money, but hasn't accomplished what Mahomes has so far. Burrow, Allen, Hurts, and Watson are all making stupid money they haven't earned yet. Same with LaMar. At least Burrow and Hurts are somewhat worth it because they got their teams to the final game of the year.

I'm torn between the two draft picks/letting LaMar go and the Ravens keeping him....because if they pay him....this new Offensive Coordinator BETTER turn the Ravens offense AND LaMar around. Watch him go someplace else and go Geno Smith....5,000 yards passing and 50 TDs because he got some coaching.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Lamar wants guaranteed money like Watson got. if any team thinks doing what Cleveland does will result in anything besides Cleveland results... well... good luck. They set an absolutely terrible contract out and good GMs are like why the fuck would we let Cleveland's terrible contract set the market? so let Lamar test the open market, my money says he will be back in Baltimore and maybe hire an agent for the next round of negotiations.

not saying hes a bad guy just saying he needs guidance from a professional agent, one with some clout and maybe a realistic point of view. (guaranteed contracts for a QB who cant play 12-18 games a season is bad business)

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Too bad Lamar has a fool for his agent

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Where the burned out QBs go to die.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just don’t let him follow the next step and strap on a purple helmet with gold horns.

We got enough problems in Minneshitholia without that drama queen residing here.

Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Time will tell. He’s in a cannot lose situation. Even if this goes full Washington Kirk Cousins, he stands to make about $80 million fully guaranteed in 2 years. That’s not bad scratch.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which birds? There's 5 of them in the NFL, another half depending on the Saint, I think some of them could probably fly :crackup:

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Birds in the NFL only refers to one team.

rain directer and SuddenBraking like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you say so :D

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ever heard about of Johnny Manziel?

StaccatoFan and Sabre699 like this.
  19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Or Tim Tebow?

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Gino Torretta?

Sabre699 likes this.