1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I really was going to go into the differences between the three and then I remembered who I’d be saying that too:crackup:. Next thought was “when he says ‘those’, he means plural. . .and all at once” - no need to go into details:D. I will say this though, there’s some drawbacks to it being a 60 year old platform: the trigger is shit – I know you don’t use safeties but if you did, you’d wonder how the Germans can get so many things right but fuck that up, no mag well reminds you of how spoiled we’ve become and the no last round hold open makes you want to find a way to make it with one. . . but damn if they aren’t the softest shooters of the bunch. . .I got good money when you shoot it side by side with your scorpion, you’ll chuckle at the recoil. . .rumor has it, there’ also isn’t a better platform to suppress so with you getting your cans out of jail recently and throwing some 147’s at it. . .that and tri lug – no quicker way to attach and detach a suppressor (already got the tri lug adaptors for the Rugged cans and then a YHM tri lug for the R9 and the Hybrid 46).

You can get them all put together but it significantly raises the price. I bought them a la carte because I didn’t want the shit I would never use (cleaning kit, flash hider, sling, or the three mags that would have to be pinned in MD). Atlantic sells them with only a brace (how I got the Ks) and the big one, I just got the “core” without the brace and then put the collapsing brace on it, got the pic rails for all three for the optics at 50.00 a piece and done. They’re fun. . .I'm really curious to run them side by side with the others suppressed when my cans get out of jail).

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. motorkas

lies and deceit. . .:beer:

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

None. In fact, may I recommend pink and black and only run it with waifu mags and a sticker somewhere highly visible on the gun that says "this gun fucks"

4. motorkas

Ok - that was some of the funniest shit I've read. . .and 100% totally fucking believable. . .:crackup::bow:. My 4" Canik came in around Christmas and I really love it for a winter carry. Got a Tustler holster for it to slim down the profile compared to the vedders. . .can't do 3 o'clock because of my body tip (it sticks out way too much, but 4 o'oclock work well (like you, I aint rolling the dice with appendix. . .:D) really good accuracy out of the gate but it's interesting the trigger throws are different on the short handled Caniks vs the big ones. Put a quick 100 through it to see if it would work for me, then threw on the Holosun - I just lined up the dot with the sights and it was a pretty seemless transition (not perfect as I can still lose it on occasion but it definitely helps alot for quick acquisition) . Thanks to you and everyone else for the tips with using it for the first time...:beer:

5. motorkas

This is a smaller "26 gun safe" (no way you're getting 26 long guns in there but I can get 26 guns in there not tripping over each other - 57inches high, 28 inches wide and 20 inches deep. Been playing around with it and my best solution was to pull everything out and use magnets and garage hooks so I could have access to everything in there without moving shit around, but also have the guns stay in place when there are gaps when you take guns out (which honestly were my two biggest motivators to do it. . .it was just annoying to have to move guns around to get to other ones and then have guns slide around when you created a gap by pulling some out. . .:mad:).

IMG_4152 (1).jpg

As it stands, I can put 5 scoped/optic'd rifles/SBRs; 5 full size subs (scorpion, 2 stribogs, AKV and AP5) 4 K subs (2 AP5s, Stribog K and Scorpion 3 plus) and nine pistols (with room for 3 more pistols to get me to 26 if I have to). All the magazines I have for them are in there (I used clear refrigerator organizing shelves from amazon to hold the mags on the top shelves). The middle divider takes up a surprising amount of space and by using magnets instead of the pistol pockets on the door, I was able to free up space for two K subs in the door as well (I put magnets in the door and use the pointless long pocket as holder for their barrels. . .

IMG_3844 (1).jpg

I put more magnets on the side walls in the safe to make more room for pistols. . .that magnet on the bottom of the two pistols holds a K sub gun against the wall

IMG_4153.jpg

For the Full size subs on the floor, I put a magnet behind them so they "lock" into place and dont move. . . (front sight of the AKV).

IMG_4155.jpg

fastfreddie, RonR and wsmc42 like this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s some good tips

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@Gorilla George About 3 weeks ago we were talking about the Sig P320XFive DH3 I bought, I believe.

Been to the range twice with it so far and HOT DAMN do I love that handgun!!!!

My kid likes the P320XTen....I think he's a recoil junkie. Lucky for him, I'm the one buying Ammo...some day I'll give him the XTen and he can buy his own damned 10mm. LOL

RonR and Gorilla George like this.
  8. I love the 4" METE, but it is just a tad big for EDC. It is right along the lines of the XDM-Elite Compact. It is *almost* small enough, but just a little big. In winter time, wearing a jacket, yeah it could work. But the other 80% of the year (I tend to run hot, even in winter I rarely wear a jacket), I would find it printing a lot.

It is currently my "gym bag gun". But since it is winter time, i might give carrying it a shot.

9. Shit, the XTen I forgot about that.

And now FN has the 545 and 510 Tacticals.

Plus Canik came out with a metal frame Rival.

I got work to do.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

There's probably a market for these, but damn they look weird- [​IMG]

11. :stupid:

I get the logic behind it, but they look stupid as shit.

It gives off the same vibe as putting brand new shoestrings on some oldass shoes. :crackup:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well naturally you want to be as tacticool as possible :rtfrb:

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Major fail not cutting a pic rail into the bottom of the barrel for lights and lasers and shit

StaccatoFan and Gorilla George like this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"Don't do that to my fucking pistol!" - Sam C.
    :D

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Where'd you get the magnets? That all makes a lot of sense!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nickel plated sissy pistol.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm full of 'em.. or full of it... or um. . . something.
    :D

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have an HK-94 and a POF MP-5.
    Both have run flawlessly for everything I've put them through so far.
    kinda nice when shit just works.

Since i'm not your brother, that's funny as...
    I can see why he's getting salty though.

19. Patent1

Patent1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring bad news, but ATF has issued its final rule on braced pistols, essentially all of which have been reclassified as SBRs. SB Tactical is vowing to litigate, as is the Second Amendment Foundation. Unless they obtain a preliminary injunction, the rule becomes effective 4 months after publication in the Federal Register.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So does anyone know what this means for an 80% lower that was built into a pistol? I assume that I now have to register them as a sbr and give them a serial number?