1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Looks like somebody took a shit all over your guns.

:D

fastfreddie and RonR like this.
  2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

30-06 is a heck of a lethal round

I dropped 2 deer with the same bullet last year.

2nd one jumped up when I walked out, thought I broke it's back legs.

Spined the 1st one and bullet took a hard right turn. I had waited until they were staggered so that didn't happen....but shit happens sometimes

On a better note...got my muffler today. 9.5 months

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I am probably going to grab a kitted up slide and put it on my P80 frame.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. The Trijicon RMR I ordered for the Dagger showed up a few mins ago, but no info on the gun. Not even a shipping confirmation from them yet.

5. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

PSA is busy shipping "high capacity" mags to Oregon before the ban on 3+ round mags takes effect.

6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Nick_OMC likes this.
  7. 3+ rounds?

Are they seriously going to require magazines only hold 2 rounds????

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

tony 340 likes this.
  8. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I get their daily emails and would be broke if it weren't for some self control. If I had GG money, I'd be telling you all how this thing works. I'd also have a Porsche TGT with white wheels with GG money, come to think of it...

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Not an Mp5 .22, an AR .22....and it gets real dirty real quick and then it wont cycle after 75-100....I just clean it and do it all over again but if I could run a couple hundred in between cleanings, let alone a couple thousand....:bow:.

This came yesterday....

C82859BA-13C5-407C-B124-36E650AAD1FB.jpeg

So dropped it in and went to the range to test, only guy there was running a SP5 and a MP5 .22....asked him and he said he has a shitload through the .22 without cleaning it also....Only difference I could spot with the HK vs MKE was the safety was longer (and ambi), the lower is aesthetically different and oem trigger to trigger, the HK was better, but the same with everything else....

I didnt even know it was possible to run that many .22s through something and have it work fine....on the list...:D.

10. motorkas

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!:bow::bow::bow:

cbush likes this.
  11. motorkas

You can get no name ones off of Amazon (have gotten both Mloc and Pic ones)....not saying thats the way you should go but you were looking for options....

This one is an Amazon one with a Holosun red dot...I just put clay pigeons at 50 and 100...never used it at 100 but at 50 its all over them....

7E6252D1-0B25-44C1-9DCC-38B10BEEC15C.jpeg

0263563D-5292-46F8-A27C-0B5AF64B100C.jpeg

speedluvn likes this.
  12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Do you mean the same state where the gubbernor just cancelled all death sentences ?

I'd be screaming inside if one of those monsters took one of my loved ones too early.

StaccatoFan and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I've got a TX22 and a 15/22 pistol and can easily do over 600 each suppressed without cleaning.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

someone talk me out of this
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ble...black-with-cheese-grater-and-alg-trigger.html

Aren't we going to have to SBR pistols after august.. so that's another $200, Eotech or holosun red dot $300 ish depending on models, ammo , Taxes on the gun itself. I have two nice AR's that I use 99.99% of the time. Something about an AK and that round is intriguing

I did order a holosun shake weight sight for my Glock. My RMR is on the FN. Looking forward to seeing how it does. I'm sure it'll be fine

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My Anderson lower+PSA 16" upper+ CMMG .22 bolt routinely make 2-3 range trips between cleanings and I usually shoot 300+ rounds per trip. Never has more than a couple malfunctions clean or not.
    My new TX22 has not started out nearly as good- about 15 stovepipes in the first 50-60 rounds. Admittedly I did take it directly to the range with nary a spritz of lube... Hopefully after a good clean+lube she'll live up to the good reputation.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Nah, you're fine. It only takes one well placed shot to put an animal down. the mag ban won't affect you. ;)

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Proposed law below. The scary one is #4 "Turn the firearm into your local ATF office." Gun confiscation at it's finest. Not a political statement. Just a fact.

A. Current Unlicensed Possessors

In order to comply with the provisions of the NFA, current unlicensed possessors of a firearm equipped with a “stabilizing brace” and a barrel length of less than 16 inches that would qualify as a “short-barreled rifle” as indicated on the ATF Worksheet 4999 contained in this proposed rule would need to take one of the following actions before the effective date of a final rule.

1) Permanently remove or alter the “stabilizing brace” such that it cannot be reattached, thus converting the firearm back to its original pistol configuration (as long as it was originally configured without a stock and as a pistol) and thereby removing it from regulation as a “firearm” under the NFA. Exercising this option would mean the pistol would no longer be “equipped with” the stabilizing brace within the meaning of the proposed rule.

2) Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer barrel to the firearm thus removing it from the provisions of the NFA.

3) Destroy the firearm. ATF will publish information regarding proper destruction on its website, www.atf.gov.

4) Turn the firearm into your local ATF office.

5) Complete and submit an Application to Make and Register a Firearm, ATF Form 1 (“Form 1”). As part of the submission, the $200 tax payment is required with the application. Pursuant to 27 CFR 479.102, the name, city, and state of the maker of the firearm must be properly marked on the firearm. All other markings, placed by the original manufacturer, should be adopted. Proof of submission of the Form 1 should be maintained by all possessors. Documentation establishing 43 submission of Form 1 includes, but is not limited to, eForm submission acknowledgement, proof of payment, or copy of Form 1 submission with postmark documentation.

18. Steak Travis

Yeah f that I don’t need it

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

And keep in mind that you cannot take your SBR across state lines without permission from the ATF office once it's registered. You can apply for a 1 year "permission slip" to take the same gun multiple times in a year but what an enormous waste considering how few of these weapons are actually ever used in a felony.

GixxerJohn011 and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Steak Travis

Took them over a month to approve my yearly 5320.20 for my SBR’d lowers . Once everyone has SBR’s they are going to be so backed up they might as well be regulated to the state you are in because it’ll take so long . I’m certifying a suppressor today I wont see I’m guessing 13-14 months

dobr24 likes this.