1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Oh, and if you want some real entertainment, install a Ghost connector in it, which results in 3 round bursts of automatic fire upon reset. That was just a wee bit startling the first time it happened.

2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

My .308 is currently running a Burris XTR2 1-8x LPVO on it. I really like the ability to go both eyes open on 1x and then be able to dial it up to 8x for 700yd shots. Also it has the mil rad top turret with a zero stop if I want to get crazy with long range stuff. The current crop of LPVO's are amazing and they absolutely belong on the AR-10 platform. If money isn't an object the new Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10x is the cat's pajamas.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've been to a couple of those already. It remains to be seen whether the content of any of the others is all that. Some came across as mostly snot-nosed, non-wrenchin' kids with their backyard solutions that I'm decidedly trying to avoid, others were no better than marketing.
    Thanks, tho'. I'll check 'em out, also revisiting the ones you mentioned that I've been to...

In the mean time, since this is all gonna end up back here anyway, someone name the forthcoming thread to be entered into the "Mini Racing" sub-forum. "Dickheads on Dirtbikes" ain't gonna fly. :D

4. fastfreddie

Burris...good stuff. Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Very few warranty claims, unlike that other brand with the lifetime warranty.

5. NOW we are talking. :D

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The few serialized things I’ve gotten from PSA, I’ve always had to put my ffl info before it would finalize checkout/payment

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Dirt bikes, street bikes, isn't that just a given? At least we're not a Ducati forum...

8. deathwagon

Same here. Chris, maybe you just forgot you already bought 29 guns from them before and they still had your FFL on file.

9. fastfreddie

Funny you should say that. I was rackin' my mind tryin' to figure out the appropriate wording to describe the contents of the results of my searches...
    I coulda left it at "Ducati forums" and never said another word.:crackup:

10. Highly likely :crackup:

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's just too bad they didn't include the 21 round magazines with the Dagger.
    I guess 17rnds will be ok..

12. fastfreddie

I forgot to mention the Chinese crap. Us dickhead dirtriders might be serfs and peasants, but we're not necessarily that financially challenged.
    And, yeah, nah. Nothing productive in any of those links...as I knew and suspected.

Thanks for nothin'. :p
    :D

13. Fuck.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]
    :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Ass :crackup:

I got the Trijicon RMR ordered. I like it when the slide is cut so it can mount directly on it.

That’s gonna be a good morning at the range. I don’t trust a mag until I’ve got at least 2 full cycles through it, or a gun till I’ve got at least 100 rounds with my defensive ammo of choice. With it coming with 10 mags, I’ll definitely be able to have confidence it by the end of the day.

Jedb likes this.
  16. deathwagon

I haven't had any problems with the PMags and the Dagger, but I did have some hiccups using them in a Glock 19. On the big-coat-day occasions when I do carry the Dagger, I use factory Glock mags.

17. Unrelated, but on the subject of mags, I had an issue with one of the XDM Elite mags (OEM mag).

I had a FTF one time and I thought maybe it was the ammo or just a “shit happens sometimes” thing. But I put a white dot on that mag to remember it.

Then when I was at the range yesterday the same mag did it again so emptied the rest of the ammo out of it and shitcanned it.

That’s pretty rare for me to have a failure of an OEM mag.

18. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Update - got about 600 rounds through the full size AP5 and about 350 through the little one and they have been fantastic - first 250rd through each was 124gr (staying diligent to break in) switched to Turkish bulk 115 after that (got tired of the break in:crackup:) and have not had a problem yet (I do get light primer strikes with them in the pistols but none in the PCCs) - decided to take the big one out today and put it up against the other full size ones. . .still wish it had all the modern advancements on the Bog but no denying that it's the softest shooter by a mile. . .

IMG_3886.jpg

Tried to be "scientific with it"; started off slow(ish) with 6in targets . . .that got boring quick. . .(bottom left to right - Stribog, AP5, Scorpion, AKV top right).

IMG_3887.jpg

speeding things up with double taps. . .same order for the targets. . .

IMG_3891.jpg

Changing the only thing I can change on it - bought a Timney trigger for it just to see how much of difference that will make:D. . .tomorrow, going to put the baby AP5 up against the mini Bog and mini Scorpion. . .thanks for the input about yours - have the reloader on my Christmas list for my family. . .:beer:

RonR, Clay, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen with one of my Bren 2 Mags - I actually think it was my fault because I think I fucked up the lip when using a speedloader - fortunately PMAGs work great in it but did the same thing - in the trash.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Wicked accurate for 7.62. I got the pistol version as it weighs a little less than the rifle.
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/ptr-32-pistol