1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR Diversity & Sensitivity Training

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Dec 1, 2022.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

It’s coming. I’ve had to be part of handling two incidents over the last couple weeks. Things that wouldn’t even make it off location 10 years ago turned into a massive ordeal. I have an offer to go to a smaller company that doesn’t even have an HR department and it’s getting more appealing by the day.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If HR is a type of background noise, it's actually tinnitus....

fastfreddie likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

this post has been reported!! Doing just what HR trained me to! I think the funniest training I received was a zoom type seminar where someone used their real name in the chat feature proclaimed "they were tired of protected classes!!". Not too long after that fossil got set out for retirement...lol

brex likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fossil is a protected class.

beac83, TurboBlew and tl1098 like this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, it is. Stupid, however, isn’t. :cool:

beac83 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes it is...

[​IMG]

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Watch out! They're everywhere.

8. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Hal ride a motorcycle?

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I put one of these in my cube
    [​IMG]

pfhenry, stk0308, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I had to take a sexual harassment class once.

I told them I already know how to do that.

Complimenting the instructor on her rack didn't help.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You’re all lucky that I was told I have to be nicer or I’d clearly explain merit is just a word in the insult list between meatgazer and motherfucker.

Raises? Ain’t happening, Mary poppins.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They seem to be working hard on that.

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

My personal favorites from the AvE youtube channel
    rsz_screenshot_449.jpg
    rsz_1screenshot_448.jpg

Phl218, rafa and Banditracer like this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

AvE's a genius of the highest order.

pfhenry likes this.
  15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Hilarious how many times he refers to a computer as a confuser

fastfreddie likes this.
  16. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Pretty sure that's supposed to read "Do Not Dump Here No Dump Area"

rafa likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Naturally we have this a few times throughout the year. And we have to pass. :cool: I’d love to go into detail on how screwed up ours is………but there’s that hole banning thing and all:D

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I will always remember some important things I learned when my company brought in highly paid experts to provide highly specialized training.

Sexual Harassment training "It's not the intent, it's the impact" so it doesn't matter what you do, or don't do, if somebody takes offense you're screwed

Time Management training: I showed up for my scheduled appointment and the MFer showed up 5 minutes late because he stopped to grab a coffee.

Team Building training: "Your team's assignment is to build a tower with the materials provided at your table (construction paper, scotch tape, scissors). The team that builds the tallest tower in the allotted time wins." My team quickly built our tower until it touched the ceiling, which no other team accomplished, but when the time was up we were informed that there was a secret rule they didn't tell any of us about so actually the win goes to this other team.

And Drug Awareness training...mandated because my company had contracts with the federal government. Showed some guy smoking weed before going to work in a warehouse, where he started totally hallucinating, complete with flashing lights and wild music, and running amok with a fork lift while his coworkers ran for their lives. We got a good laugh out of that one!

Paddy O likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We need to take up a collection to buy your cheap ass a burner phone for you to post at Phil's place.

Phl218 and britx303 like this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I’m intrigued. What was the secret rule? No doubt it was bullshit, but I’m curious.

R Acree likes this.