1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. That’s a fucking guarantee. :crackup:

2. Exactly. :crackup:

3. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

We rent a boat on the big lake north of Houston occasionally. $85/hr seems like a lot until you toss the keys on the way out and don’t look back.

You don’t pay them for the fun you pay them to leave.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Now THAT seems like a much better deal. I’ll pitch that to the wife.

beac83 likes this.
  5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Boat stands for Bust Out Another Thousand

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When it looked like we were going to buy a house in Texas, we found the Dallas boat club. I’m certain I would have joined if we had lived there. Seems like a good way to have fun and not have all the hassles of boat ownership.

You pay something like $3-7k for the membership, which they use to buy new boats, and then $100-300 a month. That gives you xx number of concurrent reservations across all their boats and it works across multiple lakes/states too where they cross share.

They had fishing boats, ski boats, pontoon boats and even boats that create a wave to surf off of.

No maintenance, insurance, towing, docking, upgrading, etc. Seemed like a reasonable price when we checked into it, compared to a big boat payment on only 1 type of boat.

7. Dude that sounds perfect. Pay a membership and then get access to whatever boat you want. Then when you are done, just leave it and go home. No hassle or upkeep. I like the sound of that a lot.

8. Porsche has a similar thing. Rather than buying a car, you can pay a monthly fee and get a different Porsche every month. I believe it’s something like $3k a month.

I looked into it one time but I didn’t really think it would be for me. I don’t like the idea of a car never being mine. And i don’t know if the deal includes the use of things like the Cayenne Turbo GT and 911.

I think you’d end up in a base level Cayenne, Macan, or Panamera.

But it works nationwide. So for someone who travels a lot and always has to rent vehicles for a few weeks at a time, it might be a good deal.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's not for you. It's for people that write their car lease off against a business every month.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Ah ok, yeah I can see that making sense.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I forgot to ask: are you buying full tanks of gas now? :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah, that's a good idea. running always low is never good for the fuel pump, etc.

beac83 likes this.
  13. Yep :D

It’s completely full now. I just put $100 in it.

I wasn’t gonna give the dealer shit. But I can’t sell it to someone being low on gas, that would be fucked up.

14. Venom51

So you don't like Jerry "that" much...

15. Windows tinted :clap:

4BE452FB-3B32-44DB-9DC7-A8FA41D79908.jpeg

beac83, BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  16. Haha nope. :D

If I was actually selling it *to* Jerry, I would have filled it up.

But just for the dealership in general, nope. Fuck ‘em.

17. Venom51

I've emailed this response to Jerry.

Have they done the paint correction yet? The paint on that right rear door isn't the best I've ever seen.

18. :crackup:

From what I have gathered, he has the same opinion as I do about the GM. So he would agree with my methodology. :D

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looks fantastic!!

This marker i would find a replacement: even black vinyl or a clear lens replacement; i wouldn't use any type of paint product though on it

upload_2022-11-2_12-50-41.png

20. Thanks!

Yeah, that was the first thing that I saw too.

Well, actually the first thing I looked at was the ears. I looked to make sure the ears were folded back, so I know the doors are locked. :D

But then that reflector jumped out at me. Im gonna shoot Conner (Ceramic dude) a text right now.